Phone battery not charging

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Stupid mobile phone is a bucket of blank

The battery won't charge. I have removed it and put it back in as suggested by the phone company's help desk, it doesn't make any difference.

Is the battery stuffed?

How long are phone batteries meant to last because the phone is less than a year old and this has been going on for months.

Does it indicate it is charging when you attach to charger? Do you have a 2nd charger you can test with. If it’s not the charger or the wall socket, then most likely it’s the battery.

What kind of phone is it? Model number or brand would help. I would also check the charging port on the phone, it may have pocket lint or other junk in it that interferes with charging.

assuming it's an android as iphones don't have protections for bootloops etc...
get the little pin thingy that comes with the phone to replace the simcard or a VERY small paper clip
remove the battery and poke around in the charging connector plug to remove any dust...
if you have a can of compressed air then you can use it after you "unstuck" the dust at the end not letting the charging cable be pushed in all the way in
then comes the loop protection on androids specially samsungs
you can charge it while it's completely off or while it holds some juice
if your phone starts when you start charging it can enter a booloop mode and just keep restarting itself wasting as much power as it charges
a way to bypass this is to start the phone and after all the samsung or whoever logos...
when it starts doing those spinning animations plug in the charger
also pins get damaged and more often than not phones stop being able to be charged because of damage specially iphones that get worn out quite easily
if your phone has wifi charging capability I suggest you grab a wireless charger off amazon or something...
and start using it even for future phones as there's no physical damage caused to the phone like worn/bent pins
also...batteries lose about 1 to 2% charge per year...being 1 year old you should have at least 98% capacity

Dont use metal pins to clean the charging port.. you might short it out. Use a wooden or plastic toothpick.

Dont use metal pins to clean the charging port.. you might short it out. Use a wooden or plastic toothpick.
you can't short something that holds no charge (also the reason why I said remove the battery)
and even if there was residual electrostatic charge it would discharge into you with the pin being made of metal

Does it indicate it is charging when you attach to charger? Do you have a 2nd charger you can test with. If it’s not the charger or the wall socket, then most likely it’s the battery.
There is a battery icon that flashes when it's on charge and it says it's charging but the battery % charge is getting lower.

It is charged from a computer or laptop via a usb cable. I don't have any other charger for it.

Why risk the chance of shorting it out when you can use a toothbrush or wooden toothpick.

@Colin_T
It most likely is the battery. Just replace it. Is the battery easily removeable?

Last edited:
What kind of phone is it? Model number or brand would help. I would also check the charging port on the phone, it may have pocket lint or other junk in it that interferes with charging.
Optus x power 2, same piece of crap I have been complaining about for the last 11 months.

It's a heap of crap phone. The links in sms text messages can't be responded to. The settings change all the time even though there are no sections on the phone, so presumably this happens from the phone company doing crap without my knowledge or consent. Half the software on it doesn't work.

Nobody should buy this make/ model of phone. It's sold in Australia so you probably won't have access to it but if you do, avoid it.

@Colin_T
It most like is the battery. Just replace it. Is the battery easily removeable?
The battery is easy enough to remove but I have no idea where to get a new battery.

How long are the batteries meant to last because this is less than 12 months old and I have no intention of buying new batteries every 6-12 months.

I can't even use the phone when the battery is removed or flat, even when the phone is plugged into a usb slot.
Is that normal for mobile phones?
Because it seems like a really dumb thing to have and a safety issue. If your phone battery is stuffed or flat and you need to make an emergency call, you can't.
You should be able to plug it into a usb socket and use it normally but nope, it doesn't do that.

You can probably find the battery on amazon or ebay.

I was going to ask if you had plugged it into the wall and turned the switch on🤣🤣. Then I realized you hadn't. Plug it into the wall not the computer. The computer will take forever to charge a modern phone.

well from what I see it's a zte phone without wifi or fast charging
it's about 3 years old regardless of how long you had it as stores will try to sell out their older stuff if they can
even at 3 years old it should hold at least a 94% charge
now...when you remove the battery is it perfectly flat or does it look expanded?
your pins are working if it's charging and it's a slow charging phone (as in 6/7 hours)
I'm guessing you're trying to use it while it's charging which it's a no no...
that phone won't charge faster than you can use it
it can support 12h of talking time with the screen off on 3g and about 8h on LTE
and it's sold for about 120 bucks which is at the trash level of smart phones
if you're looking for a smart phone on the lower budget side I suggest taking a look a xiaomi phones as they're great value for pricing

redmi note 11 5G
is a relatively cheap phone around $200-250 with 8gb ram / 128/256gb storage using the latest ufs2 FS
with a 50mb resolution camera and a 16mb for that selfie with the tank :p
the battery is 5k mah which is almost double the capacity you have on yours
it supports fast charging which I'm sure is something you'd appreciate (using it while it charges)
also it's worth mentioning that xiaomi sells older phones at a higher price in australia
as it can be seen on their website:
which also lists them ALL as sold out
it's cheaper and more worth for you to get the note 11 at let's say 250 and pay for the extra shipping for australia than buying an older one like the note 8 at $379 inside australia

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back