PheonixKingZ’s Freshwater Journal.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Seachem's Flourish Tabs are an excellent product. You can find them in many fish stores, or online.

Ok, how many come in a package, and how much do they cost?

(Will you please include a link) Thank you! :)

Ok, how many come in a package, and how much do they cost?

(Will you please include a link) Thank you! :)

They come in packages of 10 or 40. I only use them for my larger plants like the swords or bulbs like lilies. I have never spread them out in the substrate because having floating plants and non-substrate rooted plants (Java Moss, Fern, Anubias) I need to use liquid fertilizer and this is sufficient for all the plants. But the tabs do make a difference with the larger plants; I have very soft water with no GH which means no calcium and magnesium, and I found the tabs next to the swords in addition to the liquid provided sufficient that I did not have to increase the GH so the fish are better off.
https://www.seachem.com/flourish-tabs.php

Cost depends where you are.

Thank you! :)

Would it be possible, to add very small lava rocks at the base of the tank, when I scape it? Just so I can build up a mound on one side? :)

Thank you! :)

Would it be possible, to add very small lava rocks at the base of the tank, when I scape it? Just so I can build up a mound on one side? :)

Yes, rock is one way of doing this. Lava rock may dissolve some minerals into the water, being volcanic it is not inert, but this may not matter depending upon the GH and pH and the fish species.

Ok, but how would you suggest to build up the mound?? :)

Play sand just came in, and I am cleaning it now!! :)

Hey guys!!!

So I just put the sand in the tank, and started the filter and the heater, and everything is fine!

I thought the sand would cloud up more, but it didn’t cloud up at all!

There is one problem.......when the filter is running it disturbs the sand, and leaves a huge pit in the sand. How do I fix this?

(Also, the tank seems SUPER empty, how do I fill it up, and make it look nice?) :)

Hey guys!!

So I filled the tank up with water, and I put the sand in.

I put the plants, the rock cave, and a small “bolder” in the tank.

The tank is fully cycled, because I put a filter cartridge in the bid filter, form one of my other smaller tanks.

Now the tank is fully cycled.

I will post a picture in a bit! :)

Here is my tank!!!!

91526B9A-A9DA-4A7F-868B-59CA6C740827.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Back