TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
October 2020
Fish of the Month Contest
We had 12 beautiful Betta Fish entered in the FOTM contest but only one could win
And the winner is..:band:

:hooray:
PheonixKingZ
Let's all congratulate PheonixKing with his
Betta Splendens
"ACE"

Here is the winning pIcture and description​
fotm-jpg.119808

Meet Ace! (profile picture)

Species: Betta splendens ("HellBoy")

Tank size: 10 gallons

Tank mates: No fish. 2-3 cherry shrimp and some snails. (The cherry shrimp have plenty of plants to hide, don't worry... :))

Feeding: Omega One Betta Buffet along with some Fluval Bug Bites, 5 days a week - 2 days of fasting

Special Traits: Very energetic. Swims along the side of the tank when I enter my room to greet me. Can follow my fingers along the side of the tank. He will also, from time to time, swim into my cupped hand.

He is named "Ace", for his spade-like tail.

He likes to swim in and about his anacharis and loves the new leaf litter.

Thank you for viewing Ace, and good luck to all other contestants! :fish: :thanks:

Last edited:
Congrats - PheonixKingZ with your beautiful Betta "ACE". Well deserved. You are now a triple crown winner...having won all three contests...Tank of the Month, Pet of the Month, and now Fish of the Month. You will soon be awarded a profile banner for the win!

Coming in second place was xxamyxx85 with her Black Orchid Crowtail Betta named Godzilla. Awesome Betta!

Coming in third place was Barry Tetra with his gorgeous Betta named Thai. Very nice Betta.

Up next will be our Tank of the Month contest. It will feature tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter that contest.

Thanks to all members who participated in this contest by either voting or entering or both. Remember, it's not whether you win or lose that is important - what's important is that you participate in our contests.

Last edited:
Well done young un :)

The main things I didn't like about the picture were the white dots on the glass or surface, and the reflection above the fish. If you had managed to get the entire fish's reflection so it was like a mirror image above and below, and it was even, that would have looked great.

The fish was near the corner and the silicon is visible. This detracts from it a bit and it would have been better if the fish was further away from the corner and the silicon wasn't visible.

The only other issue is photographing the fish from underneath instead of level or slightly above it.

But it is in focus and has great colour, it's a good photo. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back