PheonixKingZ - July 2020 Tank of the Month (17-29 gallons) Winner!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
July 2020
Tank of the Month Contest

We had 3 great tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 29 US gallons. But only one could win...

And the winner is.......................:band:
:hooray:
PheonixKingZ
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's PheonixKingZ's tank and its description

july-ttf-totm-jpg.108634
This is my tank "Planted Paradise"!

Size: 29g US Gallons (Material: Glass)

Age of setup: Around 8 months

Equipment:

Heater: Interpet 2-15 gallon

Filter: Tetra Wisper 2-10 gallon (With standard floss, and sponge)

Light: Desk clip lamp, with a bright LED bulb

Extra Equipment: DIY floating plant separator. (Made out of two suction cups and fishing line) a light separator. (Made out of airline tubing) and a black trash bag as a background.

Stock:

[8] Neon Tetras

[6] Panda Corydoras

[1] Male Albino BNP

[40] Cherry Shrimp

[60+] Pond, MTS, and BRH snails

Plants:

Anancharis (Broad leaved and narrow leaved)

Anubias (Two types)

Lacy Java Fern

Salvinia

Java Moss (Which has taken very nicely to the tank)

(No fertilizers are used in the tank.)

Feeding:

Neon Tetras: One pinch of Omega One flakes 5 days a week. The other two days, I fast them.

Albino BNP: Blanched cucumbers

Snails/Shrimp: Blanched cucumbers

Hardscape:

4 Pieces of driftwood

1-2 pounds of Dragon Stone

Smooth river rocks

Play sand. (I got a lucky color on that batch. I love it)

Additional information:

I love this tank. The neon tetras really like swimming around in all of that space. The salvinia is growing very well and shades the right side of the tank. The airline tubing provides light to the right back corner of the tank. The Pleco loves the driftwood, and sits on it a lot.

I will be getting 6-8 Cory Cats (Panda or Julii) this Thursday.

A big shoutout to @NCaquatics for giving me photography tips. ;)

Last edited:
Big Congratulations go out to PheonixKingZ. PheonixKingZ has proven that persistence pays off. PK has entered just about every Tank of the Month contest since he became a member in May of 2019. He kept improving his tanks. And now he has won Tank of the Month for July.

He has now won two contests...Pet of the Month and Tank of the Month. He just needs to win Fish of the Month to become the first member to win all three contests. Will he do it?...time will tell!

Coming in second place was Retired Viking with his Lord of the Rings themed tank. Great looking tank, RV!

In third place was corylover5 with her very nice well planted livebearer tank. Your tank will get better with time as the plants grow in. Please enter a future TOTM contest.

NEXT UP....is our Pet of the Month contest which will start up momentarily. If you have a nice pet (no fish allowed) in your household, consider entering the contest.

On August 1st, our Tank of the Month contest resumes and will feature tanks sized at 30 US gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter the contest.

Remember, it's not whether you win or lose...what's important is that you participate in our contests!

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back