PheonixKingZ Interview.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Back to lé enter view please guys... ;)
I wasn't even aware what the thread topic was, just answering a tag in a chatty way.

But okay, here's a question. Why do you object so strongly to people going off-topic, even if it's just friendly chatter or banter in your threads? I know derailing things too far if there's some burning topic isn't polite, but in a general "hey, this is a Q&A for a random forum stranger!" why does it bother you so much?

Also, why is it okay when you do it in other's threads?

I wasn't even aware what the thread topic was, just answering a tag in a chatty way.

But okay, here's a question. Why do you object so strongly to people going off-topic, even if it's just friendly chatter or banter in your threads? I know derailing things too far if there's some burning topic isn't polite, but in a general "hey, this is a Q&A for a random forum stranger!" why does it bother you so much?

Excellent questions, AdoraBelle.

Your PM really is a nasty piece of work - and I say that as a Brit, and well aware of what a twunt ours is!

How do these people even get elected? Especially in Oz. here in the UK voting isn't mandatory, so many useless tossers get elected because not enough people will get off their backsides to vote against them - but isn't voting legally compulsory in Australia?
Yes, voting is compulsory in Australia, unless you are homeless, then you are legally meant to vote but you won't be able to because you don't have a current address.

Politicians are puppets that get into power because the public get sick of the current government and vote them out. Then the new knobs take over and the power goes to their head.

As for the inappropriate behaviour in Parliament House and other government buildings, it has been going on for 250 years and probably longer. The government is a boy's club for the greedy and powerful, and women are treated as objects. This is why women haven't been allowed to become politicians until just recently.

If the government really wanted to do what's right for the country, they would have 50% male and 50% female members of parliament, and alternate every year to let a man or woman run the country.

Sorry Phoenix, we're digressing :)

Yes, voting is compulsory in Australia, unless you are homeless, then you are legally meant to vote but you won't be able to because you don't have a current address.

Politicians are puppets that get into power because the public get sick of the current government and vote them out. Then the new knobs take over and the power goes to their head.

As for the inappropriate behaviour in Parliament House and other government buildings, it has been going on for 250 years and probably longer. The government is a boy's club for the greedy and powerful, and women are treated as objects. This is why women haven't been allowed to become politicians until just recently.

If the government really wanted to do what's right for the country, they would have 50% male and 50% female members of parliament, and alternate every year to let a man or woman run the country.

Sorry Phoenix, we're digressing :)
It's crazy how Australia manages to be a day ahead of most other countries, yet still lives in the 1920s.

I was aware that saying, “Back to lé enter view please guys... ;)” was “objecting strongly”. ?

—-

In the future, you can direct your attention to the top of the page, so you can see what the topic is, before replying. This gives you a good sense of what’s going on. :)
EECF38C7-492D-496E-89DF-95299D05ED87.jpeg
——

Yeah I heard that one as well. So is one of the massive attack lads. @AdoraBelle Dearheart being our Bristol correspondent may be able to throw some light on the matter?

Thankfully some of THAT won’t cross the Atlantic! Sorry.
Yeah.
Lets get back to guess my presidents before their countrypersons start waking up.
I've heard the same rumours, but no one really knows!

We are proud of Banksy though, and it's pretty cool to see so many of his works in person.

I remember seeing and being scared of his rats series when I was a kid though. Not scared as in, believing they were real, just didn't know who had done them or why.
And again, we digress...

I was aware that saying, “Back to lé enter view please guys... ;)” was “objecting strongly”. ?

—-

In the future, you can direct your attention to the top of the page, so you can see what the topic is, before replying. This gives you a good sense of what’s going on. :)
View attachment 133177
——

And again, we digress...
Good. If it was good enough for Ronnie Corbett.

—-

View attachment 133177
——

And again, we digress...
I like a good digression.

It turns our interactions into a proper conversation - as long as, like you say, it doesn't get nasty. As long as things don't get personal, why not have bit of banter?

Or we could ask each other questions (no compulsion to answer, obviously).

I'll start with Colin_T, if I may. Colin - I was seriously* worried that when that big ship got stuck in the canal, all the water would get trapped at the top of the earth (because it wouldn't be able to flow past it) and all the bottom-of-the-earth seas would dry up, and all the fish would die. Then I thought "What about the moon? Would the moon still work if it had to pull so much water stuck in one place - and if the moon stops working, doesn't this have implications for Werewolves?"

So, Colin - as a werewolf, how did you regard this possible ecological disaster? I wrote to both Professor Brian Cox and St. Sir David Attenborough to ask about the physics of the situation and the impending werewolf catastrophe - would you become extinct if you couldn't change every month into a ravening beast and rip a couple of throats out; would a top-heavy world tip up and all us Brits become Aussies (particularly, would I have to learn to speak Strine) - but neither have replied. I expect they were busy thinking of ways to rescue the fish. Were you worried that the moon might implode, or are you legendary monsters quite philosophical about these things?

*not really ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back