Ph issues

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anthony Dibble

Reaction score
I have been monitoring Ph levels. I tested my tap water after 24hrs sitting and they are reading as 8.2ppm. my tank which is currently going through a fishless cycle is reading 8ppm

worried this is going to limit the fish i can keep and if anyone has any advice please?

First, the test results are probably accurate. Letting tap water sit to out-gas CO2 gives a more accurate reading, and the tank being near identical is logical.

As for fish, you should find out the GH (general or total hardness) of your tap water first, as this is more important long-term. Rather than spend money for a test you may only use the once, check the website of your municipal water authority; water data may bee posted, or you can call them. We/you need the number and their unit of measurement so we all know exactly.

I
First, the test results are probably accurate. Letting tap water sit to out-gas CO2 gives a more accurate reading, and the tank being near identical is logical.

As for fish, you should find out the GH (general or total hardness) of your tap water first, as this is more important long-term. Rather than spend money for a test you may only use the once, check the website of your municipal water authority; water data may bee posted, or you can call them. We/you need the number and their unit of measurement so we all know exactly.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back