Ph 7.5 Ok ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shadow1200

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have had my fish tank for about 6 months now and i have done 2 water changes. And 1 transfer water change ( put water from tank into something then put it back in after moving tank )

I am not having any problems at all with my tank i thought i would do a few tests to see.
I bought a ph test were you fill it up with water and add drops in and it changes color.
I tested the tanks ph and got a score of 7.5 ( the lowest the test would go ) i heard that 7 is perfect ?
how could a tank score 7.5 with 2 water changes in 6 months ?
i have also done a ph test on my tap water and got 7.5

The best ph, depends on what fish you are planning to keep?
South american cichlids like a low ph 6-6.5 but things like rainbow fishes prefer something higher!

I have silver sharks and guppies and talking catfish fish ( Striped Raphael ) which are breading

I have had my fish tank for about 6 months now and i have done 2 water changes. And 1 transfer water change ( put water from tank into something then put it back in after moving tank )

I am not having any problems at all with my tank i thought i would do a few tests to see.
I bought a ph test were you fill it up with water and add drops in and it changes color.
I tested the tanks ph and got a score of 7.5 ( the lowest the test would go ) i heard that 7 is perfect ?
how could a tank score 7.5 with 2 water changes in 6 months ?
i have also done a ph test on my tap water and got 7.5

That sounds normal to me. That pH is fine for your average community tank inhabitants.

As the others have said, the pH is nothing to worry about. I would be more concerned about this

In 6 months, I've done 26 water changes not 2. I do a 30% water change every week. You should think about increasing the frequency of your water changes. If you only do a water change every three months, nitrate will be building up, together with lots of other things we can't measure. Water changes are the only way to remove the nitrate etc unless the tank is vey heavily planted.

I have done nitrate and the other one n one and both are fine ( donno how )

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back