Pfft!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if these two are still female.

I know females build too, but not this much ?? your imput ? This is getting confusing...

pics077su8.jpg

Can you get pictures of them flaring?

Even just some side-on photos would be better.

It is very confusing these days to work out the difference between young'ens. I thought I bought two females the other day, when infact I had bought a male and female. And today when I went into Pets@home they had a male and a female short bodied pk in with a large adult long bodied pk. And all were dancing and fighting over what appeared to be the remains of a longer tail type Betta. All labeled as females :crazy:

With better pics of the actual fish Im sure we can help you out.

I've had females build big nests. And, yes, they're definitely females. My sorority girls build big nests. Not sure if it's some sort of competition thing or what. *shrug*

Wow :hey: Pretty big! I'm certain they're females, and they really haven't flared too much - they've cooled down since they got here, but I still think it's kinda cool.

I too have a female who builds some nice bubble nests. She's a tomboy lol

I would also check the length of their ventricals just to make sure, also check for the egg spot. If there isn't one then I would be a little suspicious. It certainly isn't a sure sign that it's a male but it would make me question a little more. So, if there is an egg spot then it's a little girl, otherwise if it has longer ventricals and no egg spot I would start questioning. :good:

Most reactions

Back