PetsMart Rescue

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
I only paid $3.99 for this nice pure red veil tail male Betta at PetsMart. Such a deal ! My heart broke when I saw his living conditions. Sitting all droopy and cold in his little cup that sat among a weird multi-cubicle shelf lighted top and bottom with bright LED lights and only three steps from the door blasting him with cold wintry air. He called to me as I walked by , "Oh old fish keeper , merciful and kind , have mercy on a lowly one". I couldn't resist his cries and snatched him up.
Now he lives in a four gallon acrylic Aqueon tank with a nice Amazon Swordplant , his water stays a balmy 82 degrees and he feasts on wingless fruit flies , Grindal worms and freshly hatched brine shrimp. He told me he feels like he won a lottery. My picture doesn't show his splendor as it really appears. Hard to take pictures through acrylic and his fins stand up like billowing sails when he hunts flies. Such an awesome fish.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Petsm art. Pronounced petsmah uurrrtttt.

Lucky Betta. Fruit flies - the best for them.
Of all live foods I've ever used nothing excites fish like live flies and this Betta goes wild for them. Must be the movement and the sight of them walking on top of the water. While I was at PetsMart rescuing this fish I saw that they sell fruit fly cultures but the cultures are small and expensive. $ 6.98 for a culture the size of a PEZ dispenser. I buy my fruit fly stuff from fruitflyshop.com . Reasonably priced and very helpful website.

Eventually, you get a winged mutation. It used to be hard to explain to my wife - "Gee, it must have been those bananas" only works so many times.

Now I have a fishroom outside the house, so I'm on the lookout.

Eventually, you get a winged mutation. It used to be hard to explain to my wife - "Gee, it must have been those bananas" only works so many times.

Now I have a fishroom outside the house, so I'm on the lookout.
You have to be careful . Don't leave the top off and let flying interlopers get in. I never worry about that anyway. My cultures swarm with flies and if I leave the lid off they get out all over . Fruit flies are so simple , cheap and easy to raise it surprises me that more people don't do it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back