Pets At Home

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this attitude. Animals are dying because of this company and all you can say is that we're boring you with our concerns and that if we don't like it we should just toddle off and stop shopping there?

Do something about it! Complaining on a forum isn't going to get that sorted! Ring the RSPCA, trading standards and animal welfare. They are the one to sort it, not us on the forums!

toddle off and stop shopping there?
That would be a good idea if you don't like the company, no sales, means no profit.

Well obviously. The point is that people don't want to hear about how bad P@H is and just come into the thread to flame and say "go away, stop moaning, just stop shopping there if you don't like it". The way to make this company change is to damage its reputation, make consumers aware of the problems, get animal welfare organizations involved, etc etc. Not shopping there is just one part of a larger whole. I think it is unlikely that this company will change but that doesn't mean I'm just going to shut up and stop boring people.

Frankly, while animals are suffering and dying I don't really care if some people are "bored" or want me to go snuggle a tree.

Some people have descended into ad hominems and as far as I am concerned, that means they don't have a sensible response to the main issue. Thanks guys, you kinda just helped prove my point about P@H when even people who work there can't defend them.

That is the foolish way to damage a reputation of a big chain company. The most sensible thing to do is go to the papers! But then again. Bad publicity is good publicity. Stop dream! You are not going to make a difference to such a big company. People will still continue to use them no matter what you do.

Petition??!!

this is just getting stupid now!

BTW assaye, i very much doubt you would get no reply from 'all' of those oranisations you claim to have written to, in fact i very mush doubt you actually involved them at all.

I don't understand this attitude. Animals are dying because of this company and all you can say is that we're boring you with our concerns and that if we don't like it we should just toddle off and stop shopping there?

Do something about it! Complaining on a forum isn't going to get that sorted! Ring the RSPCA, trading standards and animal welfare. They are the one to sort it, not us on the forums!

I AM. Jeez, do you not read? I'm not complaining - I am making people aware of some of the problems in the hopes that just a few more people will decide not to shop there.

It's called advocacy. I am not the kind of ninny to sit on a forum and go "woe is me, woe is me, I hate this shop, they're so mean, waaaaaa, pay attention to me". Sure, I kick up a stink where I can but I am also pro-active.

toddle off and stop shopping there?
That would be a good idea if you don't like the company, no sales, means no profit.

Well obviously. The point is that people don't want to hear about how bad P@H is and just come into the thread to flame and say "go away, stop moaning, just stop shopping there if you don't like it". The way to make this company change is to damage its reputation, make consumers aware of the problems, get animal welfare organizations involved, etc etc. Not shopping there is just one part of a larger whole. I think it is unlikely that this company will change but that doesn't mean I'm just going to shut up and stop boring people.

Frankly, while animals are suffering and dying I don't really care if some people are "bored" or want me to go snuggle a tree.

Some people have descended into ad hominems and as far as I am concerned, that means they don't have a sensible response to the main issue. Thanks guys, you kinda just helped prove my point about P@H when even people who work there can't defend them.

That is the foolish way to damage a reputation of a big chain company. The most sensible thing to do is go to the papers! But then again. Bad publicity is good publicity. Stop dream! You are not going to make a difference to such a big company. People will still continue to use them no matter what you do.

The papers don't care because the journalists still think that keeping fish in bowls is best practice.

I love this attitude - "you won't make a difference so stop trying".

What difference does it make to you whether I try to attack P@H? Why are some of you so rabidly negative towards people who hate this chain store? Why is it so important to you to undermine the efforts of those who want to make a difference?

Petition??!!

this is just getting stupid now!

BTW assaye, i very much doubt you would get no reply from 'all' of those oranisations you claim to have written to, in fact i very mush doubt you actually involved them at all.

I didn't say they all ignored me =/ I said that Trading Standards have not replied and that I didn't achieve any positive results with the others. RSPCA didn't know enough about fish and just passed me around before telling me multiple times to wait for an officer to phone me back. This has happened 3-4 times now and despite asking for a document that shows their policy about fish welfare and despite being told that they have one I've not had it sent to me. The local council just said that P@H were not breaking their license and the animals were fine (after a very brief, superficial inspection). My local MP sent a typical "thank you for your concern" letter . . . see where I am going with this?

Why are you so quick to defend P@H? Why do you care so much that we just sit around and have polite conversation and just ignore the fact that P@H is an immoral company? You've not given good experiences of P@H, you've not added anything about why P@H are a good company to this thread, you've just moaned at those of us who don't like them (with good reason).

Think it is about time to lock this topic. We all have our own ideas which no one is going to change so it is so pointless even having a topic about it!

Think it is about time to lock this topic. We all have our own ideas which no one is going to change so it is so pointless even having a topic about it!

I enjoy how some ideas are not backed up with facts though :rolleyes:

im locking this topic. while everyone is entitled to opinions and sharing stories, etc., lets keep it civil folks.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back