Peter Crouch

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Is Peter Crouch good enough for England?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Peter Who?

• Total voters
Like Emile Heskey before him, he is neither good enough for England or more importantly (for me) good enough for Liverpool FC.

He is an average player and looked fairly impressive in a relegated team, but is woefully out of his class playing with and against the best in Europe. Quicker we offload him to Birmingham or Boro the better.

For England, I'd put him behind:

Shrek (Rooney)
Sicknote (Owen)
Defoe
Vassell
Beattie
even Heskey to be fair
I'd also consider Kev Davies as a "big target man" as Big Sam has turned him back into the player he was for Chesterfield.

Arfie

How much did Liverpool pay for him? Or was it a straight swap with Milan Baros?

I voted no because everyone says he's tall so he's great in the box. I've seen enough good crosses been put in for him, yes he does get there but the only thing he's threating is the corner flag :lol:

Swap with Milan Baros???
Milan Baros went to Aston Villa and Peter Crouch came from Southampton!
Not sure how much they paid - I believe it was around the 8mil mark.

I take it back, he just scored for Liverpool against the Scum.

He's big
He's Red
His feet stick out the bed
Peter Crouch
Peter Crouch

:lol:

Yeah, pity about Smith, one of the few scum that I rate, hope he gets better very soon, but according to Sky it is the worst break Ferguson has ever seen :crazy:

Arfie

Im going to have to say that yes Peter Crouch is good enough for England... Since he has moved from Southampton to Liverpool he has made a drastic change. It seems that the better the team he goes on the better he plays, so hopefully if England are good this year in the world cup then yes Peter Crouch should be good enough for Englands standards.

I disagree - I think he played much better at Southampton...

He made a bigger impact at saints because he was a player who really stands out among players which just arent at his standard in my opinion, like shearer did at blcakburn, like le tissier did at saints, etc. His team just wasn't at his standard. That's changed of course now that he's at liverpool.

And if I were Sven I'd definitely give him a chance in the england squad. It'd be nice to not see players like Scholes getting a routine place, when they're hardly even trying...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back