Pet store misinformation

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I was at petsmart today and there was this family with their little boy getting fish. The little boy wanted some bala sharks. I asked them what size tank they had (8 gallons) and told them that balas get to be over a foot long and need to be in a large group. The pet store people said that they could have up to 8 in that size tank! I ended up helping them get a couple platies instead. I know pet stores dont educate their employees but 8 sharks in an 8 gallon?! I mean the price tag even had a minimum tank size of 55g which is still too small but better than 8! It's so sad to see all of these people misinformed and fish sent of to live their lives in misery

I have a petco and many of the workers do not have a clue when it comes to fish. They do have a guy who takes care of the fish that is some what knowledgeable when it comes to fish but he only works part of the day. They are very good when it comes to dogs and cats.

Yeah there used be be a teenager who worked there and he was really knowledgable but he doesn't work there anymore

You are better off to get info about fish from reputable online sites than from most fish store employees.

Yup I've learned not to listen to them and always research fish before I purchase them. Sadly, most people dont know to do that and live with miserable, constantly dying fish

My locan fish store know everything about fish, they wont sell you unless you say you have tank approprient for them and they will take care of deseased fish for free:)

Many small ones are.good but chain ones are not

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back