Peppermint Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have one in my tank with 2 Ocellaris Clownfish. At first it didn't come out much, but I started dropping in hikari sinking carnivore pellets whenever I'd see it. About 1 1/2 months later (and a few molts) and it's out for about half the day.

Do you have any threatening fish?

Now I do (a valentini puffer, though he hasn't bothered a soul yet - it's been about a month and half) but before I got him I only had a oc. clown, a yellow watchman, a lm blenny and a coral beauty angelfish. They never have been out and about like my skunk/cleaner shrimp was (he did mid-molt a while back).

I have a puffer, benthic trigger, and three hungry morays and they have yet to touch a shrimp... it's been about six months (if I remember correctly) since they've all been together. They almost never appear in the open, but are often visible under overhangs or in caves. The largest one occasionally will compete for food with the fish, and cleans my hand.

I have three of them. One tends to sit on one of the rocks out the front, another sits under a hidden overhang at the back and the third seems to prefer living in the back compartments of the tank. They all come out when I feed them though and I will often see one of them coming right out onto the open sand at the front of the tank.

They are apprently quiet shy and in my very limited experience of freshwater and saltwater shrimp most of them tend to stay fairly well hiden unless going after food or in large groups.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back