Peppered Corys in 125 Gallons

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ken Sauer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have 2 peppered corys in a 125 gallon tank. I plan to add 4 more. Is that enough for 125 gallons?

Yeah, it's a beautiful huge 125 Gallon tank. I'm just wondering if 6 total is enough to keep them happy in 125 Gallons.

6 is a good start, you could add more but that is up to you. Most shoaling fish need at least 6 but the more the merrier. I have tetras and try to have at least10 in each shoal. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your tank:snap: 55 gallons is my largest. I wish I could convince my wife to let me have a larger one but I do have 4 tanks already. :hey:

Here it is. As you can see, so far it just has 2 baby peppered corydoras in it now.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 50
6 is a good start, you could add more but that is up to you. Most shoaling fish need at least 6 but the more the merrier. I have tetras and try to have at least10 in each shoal. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your tank:snap: 55 gallons is my largest. I wish I could convince my wife to let me have a larger one but I do have 4 tanks already. :hey:
What kind of tetras do you have?

What kind of tetras do you have?
[/QUOT
I have ember, neon and glow light shoals and one red eyed tetra which was a fry that showed up in my tank weeks after I gave that shoal away. Started with 5 red eye which had 14 fry that made it to adult. Here is a picture of my 55 gallon tetra tank. I use RO water to soften my hard water for them.

Attachments

• GEDC1518.JPG
    GEDC1518.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 37
I'm planning to add maybe, 16-20 Zebra Danios and then move on from there with peaceful small fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back