Peppered Cory Paler than Usual

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yeah I agree, like I said it could screw with the pecking order and make a mess out of your tank. It’s honestly up to you what you would want to do.
The three have been together for so long and have grown full size, my feeling is that I don't need more. They are always together, eat and swim well. I don't see a social issue at all with them. I am leaning toward 'don't fix if it's not broken'. :) Thank you for your advice! I love this forum.

The three have been together for so long and have grown full size, my feeling is that I don't need more. They are always together, eat and swim well. I don't see a social issue at all with them. I am leaning toward 'don't fix if it's not broken'. :) Thank you for your advice! I love this forum.
ok! no worries, ive heard small group cories before
glad to hear yoou're enjoying it
(why do i sound like a moderator)

Actually, peppered cories have a life span of 10–15 years if cared for properly. I use to breed them.
They can live up to 20 years in captivity, if looked after properly. However, that’s usually not the case these days.

They can live up to 20 years in captivity, if looked after properly. However, that’s usually not the case these days.
I’d say that’s pushing it a little but either way, you need to post facts for other members, not just group all cories as one breed. Many live longer than the 5 years you had stated before. I hope this doesn’t offend you but if we want others to learn then we need to be breed specific on such info.

Last edited:
cories do sometimes change colour and it’s usually not a big deal. Mine changed when I changed the substrate. Peppers are the Labradors of fish keeping. They get on with anything and everything, so much so it can be a problem if you have aggressive fish. If you want to add more there are no down sides.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back