PEOPLE WITH MORE THAN ONE TANK

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

canarsie11

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
:D :D IADMIRE SOME OF YOUR GUYS SIGNATURE WITH MANY TANKS IN YOUR HOME. IT AMAZES ME THAT PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY.

I RECENTLY ACQUIRE 2ND 10 GALLON, AND I HAD TO B**** WITH GIRLFRIEND FOR THAT ONE........... HAD TO TELL HER I NEED HOSPITAL FOR MY SICK FISH :rolleyes:

HOWEVER, I REALLY WANT ANOTHER LARGE TANK, HAS ANYONE HAD TO CONVINCE PEPOLE FOR EXTRA TANKS? :sly: :sly:

SUPRISINGLY TODAY I WAS IN PET STORE AND SHE WAS LIKE THIS IS GOOD PRICE (72 GALLON BOW FRONT). I WAS QUITE SUPRISED

BUT I THINK IT WAS FALSE ALARM......

I AM TRYING TO GET HER IN TO HOBBY

HAVE ANYONE SHARED MY EXPERIENCE

Please don't type in all caps - it's like shouting and is really hard to read :/

my girl 18 im 21 we live alone i got a 55gal and a 20gal, the way to convince your girl like i did mine was get some plattys for the 10gal (you know pretty colors) they eat that up , then while ol wifey is distracted while she is at work one day just you know slip another 75gal or so tank into your home(apartment or house?) then just tell her you got it for dirt cheap and take her to the petstore to pick out a couple fish she wants then add other fish that you really want, once they see the colors and especially if you get little fish my girl thinks them 7 zebra danios i got are "cute"

also, if Teelie dont read caps post why did you even reply just go onto the next thread.

Thanks about related topic response.

I was thinking about doing that very thing.

This forum is about tropical fish, and advice and experiences.

If my caps bother people, especially since I normally dont write in caps, keep it to yourself. It does not help others and just wastes time. :crazy:

However, floridalove thanks for reply. :D :D :D

I won't even get into how I came about all of my tanks.....wasn't always pretty...heh heh. I don't think I will have that problem again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

canarsie11 said:
If my caps bother people, especially since I normally dont write in caps, keep it to yourself. It does not help others and just wastes time. :crazy:
If you want to be taken seriously and not ignored as a child because no one can read your all caps then maybe you shouldn't complain when you're told proper net ettiquite. Having to read rather annoying all caps wastes other people's time trying to understand it and doesn't help you at all.

This is also for asking about fish advice, not how to convince someone you need more fish though if you want to convince her to let you get a bigger tank, do what floridalove said and woo her with fish she'll like.

I try to get my husband involved in all the good stuff and none of the bad. I ask him to help me pick out fish, watch them eat, see fry...that kind of stuff, but when it comes to water changes and the like that's all me. I think the more enjoyable and less stress it is for them the better, and as time goes on, either it won't be an issue, or it may even grow on her and she'll want to be more involved in the other areas.
Teelie...*sigh* you've made 251 posts in the two days you've been here, I don't believe you have room to talk to existing members on their posting style. :no:

Why is that? Because you consider it a lot of posts? In all those posts, not one was in all caps or written poorly. Should I not offer advice or experience because it's "too many posts?" I would think experience and practical advice would be wanted instead of booed.

5 years ago we had just one 30 gallon tank and my GF insisted that that was it, then i got into the hobby big time and wanted a larger tank so i talked her into a 75g and then into keeping both tanks going, again she insisted that was it. So far over the last 5 years i have managed to talk her into another 9 tanks, 11 in in total and finally just last night managed to wear her down into letting me build a small fish house in the garden.

My advise is just keep on until she gives in :lol:

LOL CFC, that's kind of my house too! We started with one when we were married (that I brought with me) and now 5 years later have 5 and one on the way. Maybe one more will be added each year to come!

Teelie-I'm not trying to start a fight I just don't think that after two days on this forum you are an expert on how it works. This person came here asking advice pertaining to his fish and his family. There is nothing wrong with that, many of us were happy to help with our own suggestions and not just brush them off over all caps writing. I believe that calling this person's writing annoying and child-like is uncalled for. Maybe I am out of line bringing your post history in, but I truly find it ironic that you've been a member two days and you'll schooling the rest of us on "proper net ettiquite" :huh:

Nettiquite is universal across the web. Some things are common sense, like not typing in all caps and I find it annoying as many other people do. I'm not schooling the rest of you on anything either, only making a comment on what I found to be an annoying and difficult posting manner.

If I typed in script kiddie, you would no doubt complain about it and rightly so. If he knew it was wrong and rarely does it, then why did he do it this time? IMO it's just rude to type in all caps. It's asking for this kind of response.

My g/f brought me my first tank, then it blew out to 8 tanks, and i just brought another one my largest one ever a 511g

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back