People Looking For Good Advice

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jman14698

Reaction score
Lately it seems that a lot of post where people are looking for help are getting over looked. This seems to be due to the boards getting dominated by people leading the "revolution" and a decrease in Mods. A lot of the moderators have gone to this site www.aqcenter.net, even Ludwig. I think it would be best for people who are looking for advice to check out the new site. There is much less hostility and ample knowledge. I also think that they should return to this site once the hostility boils down in a few weeks probably...

Whilst I totally appreciate the sentiment here Jman14698, as one of those looking for help with something fairly "simple", I actually feel uncomfortable asking for the advice I need over there given the heavy emphasis that was placed on it being a place for "advanced aquarists".

As someone with nearly a decade of Fishkeeping experience, I would consider myself advanced in that aspect. However, since some of my knowledge is 16 years out of date, particularly related to "beginner" issues such a sfishlesd cycling, and this is an area that was particularly highlighted as being one that AQCenter wanted to get away from, I'm stuck with posting here and hoping for the best or going elsewhere.

To be honest, not feeling like I'm becoming part of one form or the other is causing me to seriously consider going elsewhere altogether - a shame given the wealth of expertise and friendliness I originally found here.

Whilst I totally appreciate the sentiment here Jman14698, as one of those looking for help with something fairly "simple", I actually feel uncomfortable asking for the advice I need over there given the heavy emphasis that was placed on it being a place for "advanced aquarists".

As someone with nearly a decade of Fishkeeping experience, I would consider myself advanced in that aspect. However, since some of my knowledge is 16 years out of date, particularly related to "beginner" issues such a sfishlesd cycling, and this is an area that was particularly highlighted as being one that AQCenter wanted to get away from, I'm stuck with posting here and hoping for the best or going elsewhere.

To be honest, not feeling like I'm becoming part of one form or the other is causing me to seriously consider going elsewhere altogether - a shame given the wealth of expertise and friendliness I originally found here.

use both forums as both will help you out

At the moment I am (or will if my cycle ever gets done) but there is a certain sense of being the kid in the disintegrating marriage - one parent only wants to know when it suits them, the other seems to be heading for completed breakdown!

At the moment I am (or will if my cycle ever gets done) but there is a certain sense of being the kid in the disintegrating marriage - one parent only wants to know when it suits them, the other seems to be heading for completed breakdown!

:lol::lol: never a truer word said!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back