People just don’t get it...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Unfortunatly when they get older the demands & costs rise.
Its not a new Play station anymore, its cars & car insurance. Then deposits for houses, Luckily my younger 3 kids are not quite at that point yet
You pay for the insurance and cars? Lucky kids :eek:

Whenever people say, “Hey, what do you like to do in your spare time?”. I mention playing my drums, shooting, exercising, and.... fishkeeping. “Fishkeeping? Like fish, like fish in a fish tank?”.... “yes...”

They just look at me like I have a disease. I have never met anyone in person that knows a lot about fish or loves fish like I do. They all think I’m so lame cause I “Have little fishes as pets”

I just feel like I’m stupid when I’m around other people, talking about me. :(
The important thing is how it makes YOU feel. The biblical quote “don’t share pearls with swine” come to mind. Share with those who appreciate your interest or if they ask, share about what it takes to maintain a tank. Lots of science that I was not aware of. In the end, your doing it for you to enjoy. I actually have a stool in front of my tank and when I need to think a little about solving a sales related issue, sit down and watch my fish and think. Relaxing and helps clear my mind a bit.

Colin, based on some of the Aussies I've known, I kinda figured they taught cussing as a required school subject.
LOL, no, the teachers hated it as much as my parents did. I don't even know where I learnt to swear or who I picked it up form. All I know is I used to swear like a sailor and I was about 5 years old when I started. Neither of my parents swore, dad would occasionally but it was in German so I have no idea what he was saying.

LOL, no, the teachers hated it as much as my parents did. I don't even know where I learnt to swear or who I picked it up form. All I know is I used to swear like a sailor and I was about 5 years old when I started. Neither of my parents swore, dad would occasionally but it was in German so I have no idea what he was saying.
Five years old? Yeesh, they start you guys early over there... :rofl:

Ex-lax tastes better than soap and it will clean you out better than soap....my brother ate a whole box of Ex-lax when he was a youngin.
(disclaimer- I recommend that you follow the dosage directions on the ex-lax box) ;)

Last edited:
Kids these days have it too easy. You're all wrapped in cotton wool and get your noses out of joint when your mum takes your phone off you.

We got hit by wooden spoons, broom sticks, belts, the broom from dustpan and broom, but they were made of wood not plastic. I was forced to eat soap as a kid because I had a foul mouth and used to swear all the time (I still do). The folks gave up the soap after I started eating it.

Those things now became joke on internet lol,but they are really hurt
Same dude, sometime there’s a passcode on ipad and tv too!
Me too,but my parents must change the password every week to prevent me and my brother breaking in

Whenever people say, “Hey, what do you like to do in your spare time?”. I mention playing my drums, shooting, exercising, and.... fishkeeping. “Fishkeeping? Like fish, like fish in a fish tank?”.... “yes...”

They just look at me like I have a disease. I have never met anyone in person that knows a lot about fish or loves fish like I do. They all think I’m so lame cause I “Have little fishes as pets”

Phoenix, your ability to create and sustain a living aquatic environment that supports and nourishes amazing life forms requires a unique skillset and reflects a personal interest that you most likely excel at. Many of those people thinking you are “lame” may very well be intimidated by your knowledge and how you’ve mastered a difficult craft. Be very proud and try to ignore remarks from insecure and maybe envious brains. Friends who are interested will cross paths with you :)

Same thing with telling people that you like to rear insects! They look at you like you've smacked them across the face. Since England has a pretty bad clothes moth problem and our native species are usually those little plain brown or beige ones, moths get a very bad rep. So when you go through the rounds of "I like writing, music, collecting things, insects, e.c.t." they start acting like you're from another planet.
Yes! I do think that these little fellows are exceedingly adorable, and I'm tired of pretending that they're not. ?

Attachments

• small dog.jpg
    small dog.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 44

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back