People just don’t get it...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The thing with asian family is that you have to take care your family for the rest of your life....and another thing is that when you were younger you will get spank by adults if you do something wrong...unlike in the western society where you can just let your self be free.
What are you talking about? I used to get spanked when I was young if I did something bad. ?

(I do have family from the Philippines so that may have something to do with it)

Whenever people say, “Hey, what do you like to do in your spare time?”. I mention playing my drums, shooting, exercising, and.... fishkeeping. “Fishkeeping? Like fish, like fish in a fish tank?”.... “yes...”

They just look at me like I have a disease. I have never met anyone in person that knows a lot about fish or loves fish like I do. They all think I’m so lame cause I “Have little fishes as pets”

I just feel like I’m stupid when I’m around other people, talking about me. :(
I completely understand. Most don't understand what goes into a large tank. I love my fish, I love decorations for them. I find it so much fun. I shop as much for my fish tanks as I do my dogs and my son lol.

I completely understand. Most don't understand what goes into a large tank. I love my fish, I love decorations for them. I find it so much fun. I shop as much for my fish tanks as I do my dogs and my son lol.
I also have people think I am crazy because I make jello for my fish or blanching veggies. Always something. I had the guy at the store say you must really like cucumbers your always getting them. He looked at me so crazy when I said they were for my fishies and I don't really like cucumbers. What can I say I love my fish. There favorite day is cucumber veggies day. They get it 2 times a week.

What are you talking about? I used to get spanked when I was young if I did something bad. ?

(I do have family from the Philippines so that may have something to do with it)
We must always obey our parents's words.Sometimes,we get spanked just because we stop the smaller children catch our fish or other meaningless reasons

I also have people think I am crazy because I make jello for my fish or blanching veggies. Always something. I had the guy at the store say you must really like cucumbers your always getting them. He looked at me so crazy when I said they were for my fishies and I don't really like cucumbers. What can I say I love my fish. There favorite day is cucumber veggies day. They get it 2 times a week.
My friends are all gaming guys and they called me buffalo kid because I keep fish and do not play their game

Last edited by a moderator:
We must always obey our parents's words.Sometimes,we get spanked just because we stop the smaller children catch our fish or other meaningless reasons
Usually we deserve what we got. I stopped getting spanked at age 12. :|

I don’t think I ever got spanked. Got slapped a lot though, sometimes I deserved it and sometimes it was for the smallest reasons. I do like talking to all my friends about it because it’s amazing how different punishments can be and the scale of something they can do before getting punished from culture to culture

My friend got spanked with a cane for saying a wrong word in school, he called a “scotch tape” a “sticker” take note that this is in kindergarten school.

Last edited:
Whenever people say, “Hey, what do you like to do in your spare time?”. I mention playing my drums, shooting, exercising, and.... fishkeeping. “Fishkeeping? Like fish, like fish in a fish tank?”.... “yes...”

They just look at me like I have a disease. I have never met anyone in person that knows a lot about fish or loves fish like I do. They all think I’m so lame cause I “Have little fishes as pets”

I just feel like I’m stupid when I’m around other people, talking about me. :(
hmm, never had that before. people think im cool when i say i have a huge fish tank . lol. honestly i think your shrimp is very cool. (https://www.fishforums.net/attachments/rcs-3-jpg.107131/)

I don’t think I ever got spanked. Got slapped a lot though, sometimes I deserved it and sometimes it was for the smallest reasons. I do like talking to all my friends about it because it’s amazing how different punishments can be and the scale of something they can do before getting punished from culture to culture
Most kids I know just get grounded. I’ve never been grounded. I just get privileges taken away. (ex. iPad, electronics, TV, etc.)

Most kids I know just get grounded. I’ve never been grounded. I just get privileges taken away. (ex. iPad, electronics, TV, etc.)
Kids these days have it too easy. You're all wrapped in cotton wool and get your noses out of joint when your mum takes your phone off you.

We got hit by wooden spoons, broom sticks, belts, the broom from dustpan and broom, but they were made of wood not plastic. I was forced to eat soap as a kid because I had a foul mouth and used to swear all the time (I still do). The folks gave up the soap after I started eating it.

We got hit by wooden spoons, broom sticks, belts, the broom from dustpan and broom, but they were made of wood not plastic. I was forced to eat soap as a kid because I had a foul mouth and used to swear all the time (I still do). The folks gave up the soap after I started eating it.
This is what happens in my kindergarten school.

In the EU it is illegal to smack a child. In the UK the law does allow smacking in certain circumstance.
The 2004 Children's Act makes it illegal to smack a child if it results in bruising, swelling, cuts, grazes, scratches, reddening of the skin or a black eye. Smacking in the home is allowed if it does none of these things.

Teachers, nursery workers or any child care worker are not permitted to smack a child.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back