Peacock gudgeon photos

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I've been waiting to get a photo like this! She's just peeking out 😍
20220627_100248.jpg

So adorable! I think that's your best fry pic o far.

So adorable! I think that's your best fry pic o far.
Thank you! Yes I definitely agree. I cropped it so it was closer in on them. I wish it was a bit more clear but it's honestly really good considering how small they are. I just have to thank motion picture and the camera... Not my skill 🤣

How many have you got coming on now? It must be around a hundred or so.
Well idk... I stopped putting more into the QT tank as they got older to prevent mixing two very different age groups. I have about anywhere from 15-30 nicely grown ones in the QT tank and then about 30-40 new hatches which I'm not going to move over... So they will just vanish Sadly 😞... I will still feed them but the parents will most likely get them in the night....
The reason I don't have a lot that are fully grown is due to the fact that I had that die off in the beginning and then a few of them got swim bladders from over eating at breakfast... They stuffed their little bellies. I'm thinking if decreasing the food amounts during feed times for them now sense they are older.
The ones I have now though are really healthy and growing at a steady rate. While some are a little behind they'll catch up in the coming weeks.
Meanwhile my main fish are already working on a NEWER batch... Because... Why not 🤣

At this rate you will be able to supply Peacock Gudgeons to all the shops in the state. :)
Maybe not to the state 😅... But I want to see how far I can go with selling these guys... I will start local then slowly expand to other areas. I just need shipping materials.

just awesome
You must be doing something right!
Thank you!
Although I gotta find out a way to make sure some of the fry don't over stuff themselves and die. Some make it through over eating but others get swim bladders and then die out slowly because they've lost the strength.
Fry can be fragile, so I'm trying to work out ways to make their mortality rates better

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back