Peacock gudgeon photos

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
@Rocky998 I tried my best and here are the results:

Attachments

• IMG_20220205_155314.jpg
    IMG_20220205_155314.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 54
Been a while... This time I used my camera and then uploaded them to my phone! Hopefully these are better... But there were also a TON of deleted photos 😂. (All of these ar ephotos of my female gudgeon, Betsy.)

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG

This had to be at least 2hrs of sitting in front of the tank taking photos 😳

Some sources say they reach 3in and others say 1in or 1 and a half inches... Its all in genetics really I suppose. Mine are only an inch long and they are sexually mature which means that they are fully grown as well. Even if the ones I got did reach 3 inches, they actually could still live in my tank because they dont swim fast everywhere. (Although they do explore every single nook and cranny of the tank). These fish do really well in trios or groups of four (sometimes pairs like mine). I would say a 10g is an absolute minimum depending on how big they are. If they are 2 and a half to 3in, definitely a 20g would be best for a pair or trio...
Wait , what ? Nano fish ? I thought they were fairly big. I guess I know even less about them than I thought.

Some sources say they reach 3in and others say 1in or 1 and a half inches... Its all in genetics really I suppose. Mine are only an inch long and they are sexually mature which means that they are fully grown as well. Even if the ones I got did reach 3 inches, they actually could still live in my tank because they dont swim fast everywhere. (Although they do explore every single nook and cranny of the tank). These fish do really well in trios or groups of four (sometimes pairs like mine). I would say a 10g is an absolute minimum depending on how big they are. If they are 2 and a half to 3in, definitely a 20g would be best for a pair or trio...
Interesting. What else ? Give with the info 'cuz my really old book doesn't even mention them. They almost sound like a Goby.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back