Video Peacock Gudgeon - Journey Of The Fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just uploaded my first video to YouTube with the help of my "gravel cleaning" nephew. It shows the Journey of the Fry, of the Peacock Gudgeon (Goby). I look forward to hearing what you liked/did not like about the video so that we can improve on future versions.

Hope you enjoy....
http://youtu.be/3Bv3DRTyQdM

image.jpg

I thought I would add the videos description as you cannot otherwise see it from within here.

Finally managed to complete my first video. Really enjoyed this process with the help of my nephew

- The Peacock Gudgeon is also referred to as the Peacock Goby

- the scientific name of this species is Tateurndina ocellicauda

- the pair in this video regularly breed now and there are 63 of the five week old fry that you see in the video.

- the male fans the eggs until they hatch, but then he will eat the fry so is best removed.

- you will see an airline with an occasional bubble which simulates the action of the male to assist in the hatching of the fry after I removed him. The young you see in that process are now 3 days old.

- when born the fry are so small they need to be fed on Banana Worms, then Walter Worms, moving onto Micro Worms as well as baby brine shrimp, then gradually transferred to a variety of aquarium foods, so that they will survive within the standard aquarium.

------END

I would be interested in others experiences of feeding these fry, and ultimately as they get older getting them to accept dry foods that they are more likely to be fed in a standard aquarium. I have read some other posts, however would love to hear of others attempts at achieving this goal, thanks

I have 68 of these fry in a grow out tank, I was also running another small tank alongside with some of the latest batch of babies. However, yesterday I moved the newer young, of which there are 28, into a MARINA BREEDER BOX. I bought the largest of these boxes and have so far been very impressed. There are a lot of photos and information pertaining to these on the web, therefore I have not uploaded further images or photos at this stage. This has enabled me to free up all the equipment that was previously required on the second fry aquarium. Once these 28 get somewhat larger I hope they will be safe in a larger grow out aquarium with their older siblings.

Loved the music! Had it turned up a wee bit too loud so when someone started talking it scared the heck out of me! Was not expecting a voice. Lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back