Peacock and hap vs gold saum GT tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SAChichlidLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I really need help on this one ?
So I am buying a new 65gal soon and I'm now stuck between what I want to base the tank around and stock it with! Should I go for Peacocks and haps or GSGT? I love the looks of both and theres lots of pros and cons to each one but what do you guys think?

Hey everyone, I really need help on this one ?
So I am buying a new 65gal soon and I'm now stuck between what I want to base the tank around and stock it with! Should I go for Peacocks and haps or GSGT? I love the looks of both and theres lots of pros and cons to each one but what do you guys think?
I should add that I would probably try breeding the green terrors so the tank would just be a pair of them, With the peacocks/haps it would most likely be an all male tank

You won't sell many of the green terrors (Gold Saum variety). Shops either don't carry them due to their aggressive nature, or they might buy 10-20 off you and they will sit in the shop tank for the next 6-12 months.

Blue Acaras are a better option than green terrors because they are peaceful and you can sell more. Again though don't expect to sell hundreds.

-------------------
Peacocks and most Haplochromis species are much more peaceful than green terrors, don't have as many babies, and you can usually sell any that you produce.

Personally I would have 1 male and 4 or 5 females of a single species of Aulonocara (peacock cichlid), and a male and 4 or 5 female electric yellow cichlids (Labidochromis caeruleus).

You can sell all the babies you can produce and put the money towards another tank and triple tier stands so you can have a tank for your green terrors and the Rift Lake cichlids.

You won't sell many of the green terrors (Gold Saum variety). Shops either don't carry them due to their aggressive nature, or they might buy 10-20 off you and they will sit in the shop tank for the next 6-12 months.

Blue Acaras are a better option than green terrors because they are peaceful and you can sell more. Again though don't expect to sell hundreds.

-------------------
Peacocks and most Haplochromis species are much more peaceful than green terrors, don't have as many babies, and you can usually sell any that you produce.

Personally I would have 1 male and 4 or 5 females of a single species of Aulonocara (peacock cichlid), and a male and 4 or 5 female electric yellow cichlids (Labidochromis caeruleus).

You can sell all the babies you can produce and put the money towards another tank and triple tier stands so you can have a tank for your green terrors and the Rift Lake cichlids.
You're not wrong about the Green terrors as I don't see them anywhere.. In all honesty I want them as they appeal to me and the whole breeding thing was something that I thought would be cool if I could pull off but like you said I'd end up with too many babies and not many options. I will admit I am more sold on keeping a single male green terror show tank at the moment do you have any suggestions on a tankmates?

I really like the peacock/lab breeding idea in fact I'm going to write notes on that so I could do that in the future :)

green terrors are best kept on their own, they are called green terror for a reason.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back