Pea puffer feeding problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Graceloe

Reaction score
I recently got pea puffers and they are tiny, I have been feeding them black worms and this one other food that is very small and orange(frozen) starts with an m I forgot the name. They will only eat the black worms I need some recommendations for food I can give them because I do not know if black worms every day is healthy until they are big enough for other food

I recently got pea puffers and they are tiny, I have been feeding them black worms and this one other food that is very small and orange(frozen) starts with an m I forgot the name. They will only eat the black worms I need some recommendations for food I can give them because I do not know if black worms every day is healthy until they are big enough for other food
I believe, for the most part, peas usually only take to live food. Main diet consisting of snails and black worms.

is very small and orange(frozen) starts with an m I forgot the name.
Is it mysis shrimp?

I would get some snails! You can get pond, bladder, or ramshorn snails. They reproduce quickly and are small, so the puffer can eat them easier.

I'm not sure, I'm a fishkeeping beginner, but I think pea puffers do eat pest snails.
Update: I posted this in the other thread, but it was moved here. Agree with the other replies!

Last edited:
I feed my pea puffers brine shrimp(frozen), blood worms(frozen), rehydrated tubifex worms(freeze dried), fresh hatched brine shrimp, pond/bladder/ramshorn snails. They get a big handful of emails once a week and the other foods two or three tines a week.

How big do they have t
I feed my pea puffers brine shrimp(frozen), blood worms(frozen), rehydrated tubifex worms(freeze dried), fresh hatched brine shrimp, pond/bladder/ramshorn snails. They get a big handful of emails once a week and the other foods two or three tines a week.
o be, mine are brand new I got them Friday and so did the fish store

How big do they have t

o be, mine are brand new I got them Friday and so did the fish store
Mine were literally the size of a pea when I got them. They took bloodworms and tubifex worms just fine. Or you can cultivate baby brine shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back