Pea puffer eating help!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Crush the Malaysian Livebearing/ Trumpet Snails and the puffers can eat the muscle.

Get a different species of snail with a softer shell. Ramshorn and pond snails have softer shells and will be easier for the puffer to bite through.

Just keep the snails in a separate tank for a few months and let them breed. Then take the young and put them in with the puffer. Snails from ponds can sometimes carry worm larvae that can infect the fish, so by culturing your own and not using any of the adult snails that you buy, you can usually avoid the fish getting these parasites.

Crush the Malaysian Livebearing/ Trumpet Snails and the puffers can eat the muscle.

Get a different species of snail with a softer shell. Ramshorn and pond snails have softer shells and will be easier for the puffer to bite through.

Just keep the snails in a separate tank for a few months and let them breed. Then take the young and put them in with the puffer. Snails from ponds can sometimes carry worm larvae that can infect the fish, so by culturing your own and not using any of the adult snails that you buy, you can usually avoid the fish getting these parasites.
Thank you! Update they breeded last night and I have 100’s now. Can I place lettuce in my tank for the snails or will it harm the fish

the snails will eat it, just remove the uneaten stuff after a couple of hours and wait 24 hours before adding more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back