Part Of Tail Missing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jo Booth

Reaction score
Hi

Just a quick one.

I have a newly cycled tank (8 weeks in) to which I have added 3 white cloud mountain minnows.

Today I did a partial water change and used the gravel vacuum to get rid of the bits and pieces as you do. The Minnows are always very inquisitive when I do anything in the tank and the smallest of the 3 was suckkered up into the bucket today - he shot round the bottom and wooshed up the tube before i cound get the attachment out of the tank.

When I put him back in I notices that one of the points on his tail fin is cleanly 'sliced' off. There is no ragged edge, no sign of fungus, white spot or loss of colour on the tail fin, just the he bottom point is missing > (tried adding the grter than sign so you get my drift!)

He is swimming about with no problems at all, is playing with the others and mooching about the tank as normal.

So my question is whether I need to put in anything to assist with his healing / regrowth or anything I need to add to preent him getting an infection?

I have an aqarium tonic and aquarium salt to hand but need advice on whether I should be doing anything else.

Stats for the water are Ph 7.2, Ammonia 0, Nitite 0 and Nitrate 10.

Many Thanks

Jo

Nope. It will be absolutely fine in 99.9% of cases. Keep an eye on it but in time this will heal.

Hope that put your mind to rest.

thats great, thank you for a speedy reply.

Having just got everything right with my tank I didn't want anything else going wrong!!

Plus I had the guilt factor for vacuuming him up!

:D you have no idea how many of my different fry have suddenly found themself travelling amazingly fast only to be deposited in a swirling tub of water...

I just think of it as a roller-coaster. :p

Generally they are fine. I think i only once had a problem and that was due to missing the bucket and siphoning 1 of around 100 fry onto the floor under another tank. Caught him and put him back in but have no idea if he survived.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back