April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

caspercanuck

Moved On
Reaction score
6or7'' pleco i got for $10, and convict hybrid (parrot maybe) $8
9w.jpg

top left is just a reg male convict, was $12 heart shaped parrot beside it was $15
3w.jpg

dyed parrot was $20, purple parrot was $15 large severum was $13
8w.jpg

another of the heart shaped parrot, and reg parrot $15
7w.jpg

the gang. marbled convict in bottom was $6
6w.jpg

texas cichld $12 and convict hybrid
5w.jpg

turned lights on to find the large sev sleeping on the plecos head
1w.jpg

an overall tank shot (75g) paid $100 for the tank -hagen, stand, sliding glass lids, and 2 48'' flourescent light strips
2w.jpg

this guy is a jellybean, i think he was dyed at one time $8.. currently in a 20g with a female (i think) parrot, hoping they will spawn
newguy4.jpg

newguy.jpg

big and little jellybeans facing off. little jellybean was $6, but went into shock and died when i tried to net it out of the tank :(
newguys2.jpg

a parrot $10, severum, and red devil $7
fihhshhs.jpg

picture of the dyed parrot the day i got him.. the dye is fading out pretty quickly which i dont mind, only really bought him to breed with a female parrot one day. he killed the convict overnight :(
dyedmarcon.jpg

little parrot $5, and a few clown loache$6 each (have since died)
picc.jpg

butterfly tilapia - $15
1.jpg

senega bichir $6
eeeaaaa013.jpg

jewel cichlids $5 each, severum, and parrot $6
1q.jpg

thats it for pics for now, those are all older pics. my camera isnt around, but tomorrow i plan on redoing tanks to make room for new fish. so i will take some pics when im done that
:alien:

great pics, you do know that parrot hybrids are infertile and the convicts will get aggresive towards the other fish?

-*-MicHAeL-*- said:
parrot hybrids are infertile and the convicts will get aggresive towards
[snapback]852508[/snapback]​

1: Blood Parrots can breed, its just to find the right male and female, Death By Dyeing has a breeding pair.

2: A convict is no match for a blood parrot.

Great collection of ffish.

Lovely Parrots,

I Love the Marbled Con
That Jellybean has a Lovely Konk Developing

thanks everyone :D

parrot hybrid males usually are fertile, lots of people in the hobby breed male convicts with female parrots because of the lack of fertile male parrots..

my parrots are extremely aggressive and have no problem sticking up to the convicts.. the convict X parrot is the most aggressive fish in the tank.. definately thinks he owns it... i hope to breed it one day with a female parrot. I think the parrots are too young to breed now, but hopefully in 6+ months they will be good to go

the severum i bought before knowing anything about them.. just turned out they were a natural fit with the parrots.. caught it on sale and it was way nicer then the other ones in the tank.. im going to the USA tomorrow... they usuallyhave cheap turquoise severums.. i hope to find a male to breed with her.. im just assuming you can breed the 2 different colors.. anyone know if this is true ?

Warrior said:
-*-MicHAeL-*- said:
parrot hybrids are infertile and the convicts will get aggresive towards
[snapback]852508[/snapback]​
1: Blood Parrots can breed, its just to find the right male and female, Death By Dyeing has a breeding pair.
[snapback]852661[/snapback]​
Their pair are jellybean parrots (hybrid of a bloodparrot and a pink con) unless they've gotten a new blood parrot pair I don't know about.

Beautiful fish, but I hope you're planning on getting more/bigger tanks in the future :p

Lovely fish, your marbled convict is gorgeous: I've never seen one like it. :D

But I second what Synirr said: when these cichlids are fully grown you're gonna need to either upgrade or get another tank.

Sorry to hear about the little jellybean. :( :rip:

thanks!

the big jellybean died overnight..

the parrot really took a beating to it... had some large gashes out of its face and body..

very surprising as it was way more aggressive then the parrot.. too bad, i doubt i will find another one around here

i think im going to have to start using larger tanks to attempt to breed cichlids in... 20g is definately too small

Ive got a tank with 11 Mbuna's 55 gallon tank and 2 banded leporinus. My question is.

1. Would a couple parots or a small oscar be compatible in my tank via will there be violent fighting to the death.

2. Is my tank big enough.

my parrots kill everything they possibly can... anytime i kept africans with them they killed them... they killed frontosa, lemon cichlids.. everything they can kill they do..

the only fish ive had ok with parrots are convicts, severums, red devils, silver dollars, jewel cichlids..

everything else ive tried has been killed..

i had some loaches and skirt tetra with little parrots, but their numbers dwindled as the parrots got older

i dont know what your ph is, but ph would be a factor... i know a lot of people keep africans at 7.0 so i guess if you do you might be able to try a parrot, but they do end up getting large... i dont know how big or aggressive your mbunas are, but it might be possible..

i overstock all my tanks when the fish are young, and it never works out well.. so im probably the wrong person giving advice lol

Most reactions

trending

Back