Parrot Cichilds Fighting?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fullmoonnight

Reaction score
The other day my Mom was taken by these huge 8 inch parrot Cichilds and decided to get them as we recently got some bigger tanks. There's two of them and I see them pushing each other around. Is that fighting? Should I be worried? Their scales are perfect but their faces have some deep scars on it from the past. (it looks like they may have bumped into some decorations or something when they were younger)

Btw how much should a parrot cichild cost at that size? (lol curious to see if we actually got a deal or not.)

Hi they will fight a little until they get settled but there is a chance they will reject each other. Just see how they go.

Parrot Cichlids (Im assuming you mean the orange ones?) are quite a common fish and unless they are one of the particular quality strains dont really demand a high price - at a guess I think a shop would label them up at about £30 which is about $45? I think.

If they are the green ones the True Parrots at 8 inches are probably sold for around £75 but in the US I think they are even rarer and go for around the $150 mark.

Wills

Hi they will fight a little until they get settled but there is a chance they will reject each other. Just see how they go.

Parrot Cichlids (Im assuming you mean the orange ones?) are quite a common fish and unless they are one of the particular quality strains dont really demand a high price - at a guess I think a shop would label them up at about £30 which is about $45? I think.

If they are the green ones the True Parrots at 8 inches are probably sold for around £75 but in the US I think they are even rarer and go for around the $150 mark.

Wills

Thanks, they came from the same tank, same person or something all their lives, it would be a bit odd for them to fallout. They seem to just push each other back and forth and then float around staring at my back wall together.

Yes, I always found it funny that even the tiny ones are sold at like $13 but the two big ones we got were $80 a pair. Good to know we didn't get ripped off then haha.

Wow. Talk about a difference across the countries.

$80 for two fish is a decent price maybe a bit steep but not too bad.

Are they the True Parrot Cichlid or the Hybrid Parrot Cichlid? - google those phrases and see which one matches.

Wills

$80 for two fish is a decent price maybe a bit steep but not too bad.

Are they the True Parrot Cichlid or the Hybrid Parrot Cichlid? - google those phrases and see which one matches.

Wills
Heh in Canada...everything costs more D:

Hybrids. They're the bright orange fish with the mouths that resemble your aunt at Thanksgiving chasing you around for a kiss haha.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back