Parasites on tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I posted previously but got little help. I also have an update. There seem to be 2 types of parasites in my ten gallon tank. One looks like a tiny white spec that darts through the water and along surfaces. Another is a tiny white worm that looks like a tiny thin piece of white thread. I've only seen the worms when the light come on and then they vanish quickly. I am not interested "in leaving them alone as fish food" as parasites are parasites and unwanted. I have one betta currently in the tank. I am able to place him one hospital tank of needed to eradicate these pests. I also have spare filter media to reseed the tank so I'm not worried about killing my bacteria colony. If anyone can help me KILL these things, not "manage", please help.

If the white worms are uniform in shape and don't have an arrow shaped head, they are detritus or substrate worms and live in the gravel. They feed on organic matter and are a sign there might be lots of gunk in the substrate. they are harmless but do point towards uneaten food in the gravel.

Try doing a complete gravel clean to remove the worms.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back