Paranoid or redleg?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PipnDae

Reaction score
Hello. I have 5 adfs. Storebought males: pip(1yr) and baby(7 mos). Store bought female: Dae(1 yr). Pip and daes offspring female riza(5 mos). Dae and the late ghosts(1yr at death) offspring: creature(9 mos).
They were in a 5.5 which I am aware was too small but miraculously two tadpoles survived the filter and being eaten.
I now have a 10 gallon.
I know my cycle is messed up right now as I apparently didn't keep enough water from the 5.5 and using the same filter and not washing my plants or decor (did change gravel though) and usING stability was not enough to maintain the cycle.
However my problems started prior to the changes and aside from a slightly low ph, all was well.
Ghost formed a lump on his bottom lip. I could find no information to help him. He was acting normal so I let him be. When 3 months later it busted open, I quarantined him. Display tank gets 25 to 50 percent change on Thursdays. I use prime if i use tap or occasionally spring water. My hospital tank I changed 25 to 40 percent every other day.
I trated with kanaplex. No change. Waited five days and tried maracyn. He seemed to do better. I did not medicate for two days and he went downhill. He had visible internal bleeding and died within two days. I never really knew what he had.
Now riza, creature and baby all seem to have a red hue to their legs. I do not know if I am being paranoid or if this is red leg. So little is known with these poor guys that they are very hard to treat. I have no vet that treats little guys like this. I did throw a dose of kanaplex since that was the only gram negative medication I have on hand. Any help is appreciated. The picture is off riza who seems to have it worst. None of them are acting weird at all. They're all doing things the same and eating well. I'll be crushed if I lose riza as she really had the cards stacked against her but still survived to be a healthy adult. Anyone have any ideas?? I also have live plants so I am assuming I can't use salt. But I really don't know if she is actually red legged or if I'm just focused on how I watched ghost die. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-16-04-57-22.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-16-04-57-22.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 240

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back