Paranoid About My Killifish. Help?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tazzi

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first time posting here. ^^' I recently bought two Golden Wonder Killifish from Petco, (Which I really do NOT Like buying from big name petstores..) And the female looked fine, but the male.. I noticed something odd. They both have white spots on the tops of their heads, but he has red- almost irritated like scales. From a top view, they seem to be pushing out or popping. But he has no signs of bloat.
I will add more pictures upon request. ^^

1z6t8ad.jpg
30thpiq.jpg

EDIT- I didn't know really the conditions of the fish due to the lights being off, but I didn't spot any lethargic or sick fish at the time, really. At the store... ouo

Can you get a pic of him in the tank or a closer up pic of his head? Hopefully someone can help you out.

welcomeani.gif
by the way!

It was pretty hard to get a picture of him in the tank since he's a topswimmer and camera-shy. (I have a wooden canopy on my aquarium; So it'd be hard to take off the lid..)
21e6pac.jpg
mhvp11.jpg
His scales are really giving me a scare! >.<

I am not sure what exactly is wrong with your poor fish but I have moved the thread to the emergency section to hopefully get you some more replies. 

UPDATE- He's hanging around the bottom of the internal filter; And he has one white (Pectoral?)gill fin that he clamps to his side with the red scales.
I really, really hope someone can help me out.
He seems to be interested in eating.

What have you tried feeding so far? I think you mentioned brine shrimp in your PM. Have you tried blood worms?
Do you know your water parameters? Maybe a water change would perk him up. I hope he can get through this :(

He seems to be active today. ^' I'm not too sure on the water parameters but I do water changes every week, aout 15% Of the water. He will eat the Brineshrimp, but I don't have bloodworms or anything to feed him.
I think the quality of the store I bought him at is the reason he's like he is.. He seems a little better, but I'm not too sure whats up with his scales.

I had a golden wonder back in the day. Had him for a year and he had a spot just like that, it was sort of silvery in color. He was always healthy, even survived an ich outbreak. Only reason I dont have him now is he suddenly after a year became an absolute terror and needed to be rehomed.

His scales have healed. :) Better water quality seemed to help him. His white spot has faded, and he seems alot better now.

Yay, so glad to hear that! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back