Paraguard reduces oxygen?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Clean the tank up, wipe glass, 75% water change, gravel clean substrate, clean filter.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres of water. Keep salt in there for 2 weeks. See how they look after that.
will do. ill kepp you updated

all the 6 sterbais died in couple days. its definitey columnaris from what i saw. hope it dont kill all my fish.

all the 6 sterbais died in couple days. its definitey columnaris from what i saw. hope it dont kill all my fish.

I would doubt columnaris. There was no evidence of this disease in the photos, and I did once battle it.

As I am in the same location as you, would you mind telling me where you acquired the sterbai cories? After 30 years I know where one can get fish locally and where one can absolutely never get them.

I would doubt columnaris. There was no evidence of this disease in the photos, and I did once battle it.

As I am in the same location as you, would you mind telling me where you acquired the sterbai cories? After 30 years I know where one can get fish locally and where one can absolutely never get them.
got them at Noahs pet ark, around kitsilano. i had then for more than 3 months. not sure if it was columnaris, but its kinda like their slime coats were peeling. my praecox are doing fine, just the sterbais

got them at Noahs pet ark, around kitsilano. i had then for more than 3 months. not sure if it was columnaris, but its kinda like their slime coats were peeling. my praecox are doing fine, just the sterbais

That is a very good fish store. It is owned by a hobbyist, Graeme, who is the thin fellow you will see there every weekday (I don't think he has help except on weekends). Ask him about this and see what he says.

I would suspect this was a reaction to something external. Excess mucous usually is, though it can be various things. If you use tasp water without any buffering or GH increasing you should have healthier cories. Aside from zero GH, the more acidic pH all but prevents any bacterial issues. I let my pH do what it likes and it is well below 5, I cannot measure lower, but my cories are thriving and spawning regularly.

That is a very good fish store. It is owned by a hobbyist, Graeme, who is the thin fellow you will see there every weekday (I don't think he has help except on weekends). Ask him about this and see what he says.

I would suspect this was a reaction to something external. Excess mucous usually is, though it can be various things. If you use tasp water without any buffering or GH increasing you should have healthier cories. Aside from zero GH, the more acidic pH all but prevents any bacterial issues. I let my pH do what it likes and it is well below 5, I cannot measure lower, but my cories are thriving and spawning regularly.
yes i got all my fishes from him. great guy. told me to isolate the sterbais. which i did. but they still didnt eat, and died

yes i got all my fishes from him. great guy. told me to isolate the sterbais. which i did. but they still didnt eat, and died

Have any of those in the store had issues? That wold suggest something with the fish, which is not unlikely given this species is now being commercially raised.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back