Paragliding- Anyone Into It/done It?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Title says it all really.
I've done it twice tandem with Airborne Paragliding, off the famous Mount Babadag, Olu Deniz, Turkey. I have flown over the stunning Olu Deniz beach and landed safely like thousands of tourists every year. I believe competitions are held there it's that good for flying. For my 18th my parents are paying for me to do a BHPA Paragliding Course so I can fly solo! Much better than an 18th birthday party!

Here's a compilation of my vids and pics from both times, showing the contrast of weather (sunny and hot the first time, cloudy the other). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p-J6PtRcBw

www.airborneparagliding.com

Nice vid, the scenery is amazing. My dad used to do paragliding, but he stopped when he had kids. I'd like to do it, but they'd never let me (even when I'm 30 lol). :lol:

Thanks, glad you liked it. Yeah the scenery was pretty awesome, especially the vids taken in May 09 when it was Sunny.
I'm 15 now, going to do my BHPA course when I'm 18. Then I can fly solo, which is great because I'll be at Penrith University in Cumbria, the Lake District so I'll be able to paraglide off all the fells. When you're 30? LOL, give it a go when you can, just don't tell the parents!

I might give it a go when I'm at uni. I'd also like to get into rock climbing. they'll never know. :shifty:

When we climbed Helvellyn last year there were some people paragliding, I bet the view would have been great.

cheers :good:

Ahh, good idea. I'm doing it again this July in the Lake District, and I'm going rock climbing with an instructor for the second time. Give rock climbing a go- hire an instructor for a day though! By far the best way to get into it!

In sunny Olu Deniz when it's 30 degrees? Nahh, even when it was cloudy it was still pretty mild!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back