Paradise Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hmm yeah it does sound a bit much. I would be careful with the RTBS - how big are you planning to get it? I have had no problems with mine, but with fish like yours you may/may not suffer aggression. By blue gouramis do you mean three spots, cos if you do i would drop them alltogether because they are a lot more aggro than others (i have found) and plus they grow fairly big (mine got to 5" in under six months from buying 1" ones when i had them).
Rob

Blue AND gold gouramies are both color morphs of the three-spot gourami (Trichogaster trichopterus) - not seperate species. (mostly saying this to rob newland) They are exactly the same aggression-wise.

But, it's true that pearls are more peaceful than three-spots so, if you try this mix (which I personaly wouldn't) go for a male pearl and only female three-spots.

IMO, if you're going to go for the three-spots after all, get four females and leave the pearl. Color doesn't matter so you can mix and match gold and blue (opaline, platinum and lavender as well if there are any at your LFS).

I ended up with 3 three spots. I got 2 blue (or maybe opaline?) and one gold. I am pretty sure they are all females. The blues are about 2, 2.5 inches, and the gold is about 3 inches.

When i baught them the guy at the LFS told me he doesnt suggest putting Gouramis with Rosy barbs. Somebody else from the same store had told me it was okay, and so have people on this board, so i decided to do it. It sounds like everyone has their own experiences, so i thought i should have mine too.

I put them in 3 days ago, and they hide in the back corner the whole time. The gold one is a bit more active, but still shy. Right now is the only time ive seen a blue one come out other than feeding time. Is this just because they are getting used to a new home?

:( my male has stressed out one of my females so much that she has dyed from stress and he also caused some cuts on the poor girl...so i ain't likin my male. he also seemed to jus take to one female, and just hated the other one, he most definatly did not treat my female as his own...i wouldn't mind she was the most girlie one...i'm not even positive the living *female* is actually female neither is the aquarium...he totally couldn't tell the difference...fool...so yeh my experience with paradise fish hasn't been all that great...but that's just me maybe i jus got an odd batch.

Leopard-danio, if you have a pic of your unknown-sex fish, I may be able to help you :) (or someone else might)

Yes, the three-spots are just settling in. Give them some time and they'll claim the tank. Also check that you have provided plenty of hiding places - especialy floating or tall-growing plants. This'll make them feel a lot more comfortable and they'll, ironicaly, spend less time hiding :) Also, make sure your filter isn't producing too strong a current.

Oh it looks completely different to the male pic i posted, her fins are way shorter, and she is somewhat wider...it's just i'm seeing her help build the nest...is this abnormal???

Ah lol - a male would never help another male build a nest ;) They'd be ripping each other to shreds. Yes, BTW, females do occasionaly 'help' with bubblenest building. In fact, sometimes, they'll even blow their own!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back