Parachanna Obscura?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Reaction score
There are some of these (just babies) on aquarist classified, I am considering 2 but wanted some opinions. Eventually I'd plan on them going in a 6x2x2 with a clarias, one or 2 oscars and maybe a plec.

I'd love to hear from people who keep them and thoughts on getting them very small?

Thanks

AFAIK the only person on here that has one of these is Nelly,

These are on the top of my list of fish for the future, they are a great Snakehead that get to a good size, and will mix well with other large placid species, African snakeheads are also known to mix well together

Hmmm... sounds promising...

Anyone else know anything, Nelly??

Hi, a great choice, i love mine, he is in my mixed community tank, good size to grow the up with there tank mates, mines very placid at present, hes a looker and growing quick, make sure tank mates are not bite size, mine feed on hilraki cichlid pellets and prawn's very egerally, stunning fish all round, he is now constantly swimming around all day long, when i first got him around 3-4inch he hid abit, then got more gradual seeing him more often,as said out all day and night now,,,everyone who comes round falls in love with him :good:

Ooohhh.... that sounds promising.

Would 2 be a no go?

A couple of people on the snalehead forum reckon it would fight with an oscar?

It's possible, really trial and error, i have both obscura and pluero with of any mid sized channa these are the more placid and more possibility and often sucessful candidates...however as with any predator be careful...keep them well fed...I have not had more than one so cant reccomend more, iam very happy with my solo boy and hes very happy and alot of the time hangs it with the pluero...again with pluero i had two,one dissapeared after fighting with the female,he was fighting a few days with her then one day vanished, shame,

I think it was me that suggested it would be a problem. The issue is not nessasarily the snakehead. The Cichlid will undoubtedly display some territorial behavour and the Channa will fight back. I had a 16" obscura and tried keeping it with a 12" Jaguar. They were always at it.

Neither died but they had regular fin damage, It's not Ideal.

LOL I know, he's got some on ebay too. I'm still tempted. Beautiful fish. What is minimum tank size?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back