Pangasianodon gigas

tn_Padja_u0.jpg

Pangasius djambal

tn_Pahyp_u5.jpg

Pangasius hypophthalmus

tn_Pasan_u3.jpg

Pangasius sanitwongsei

:unsure::rolleyes::unsure:

Very nice, im going to pin this so that when people think about buying one of these fish they may think twice, thanks kjathe.

*Stares in despair* I think I have thought twice. Maybe thrice. :unsure:

That's really an iridescent shark? Wow. I was aware of the fact that they lost their sheen when they got older, but I didn't think they would utterly lose their luster.

Common names would help, though.

I have 3 catfish sharks that are supposed to get 2 metres in length, but I am going to probably start a native freshwater tank with catfish, brim, eel and any other freshwater species I can find in the wild. :shifty: 8)

GORGEOUS! Man, I luurv the catfish :D

Someday when I have my gigantic room sized tank I shall get some of those. My goal is to have a tank at least 1000G :wub:
It would probably be easier to keep a pond or something, but I prefer tanks.

Sadly one of these fellas is under serious threat. Recently listed on the Red list of endangered species, P.gigas isn't donig to well. :(

Right now they are small enough to be kept in my 20gallon, however in 4 months or so, they will be put into my 700 Gallon pool pond (I estimate it's that big, it may be bigger). Or I might even give them away.

when i got my irredecent sharks i wasnt aware of how big they got, then when i looked em up on google i saw those pics and i realized the mistake i had made. but mine arent growing any more now. they are about 6in. :eek:

u sure theyre not growin space monkey? my P.Sanitwrongsei stopped growing for a while, then switched from processed food to its tank mates (about half his size then) and boy did he grow, but then again he was 20 odd inches...... needless to say he out grew my biggest tank eventually and had to sell him on a collector :/ damn i miss that thing :byebye:

Most reactions

Back