Panda Fry Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks all :)

Sorry to hear you've both lost corys :sad: - its heartbreaking when they don't make it...i've been very lucky to have my corys thriving,i've only lost 4 adults in the whole time i've kept them,3 tri's initially when i first discovered corys and an albino passed the day after i got it...so i know how you feel...

Its a shame about your pandas & peppers,its strange how some thrive and others don't...when buying corys i try to get the ones that seem active,long barbels and no red marks or damaged fins,unfortunately we dont know how long or short a time they've been in a lfs or how they have been treated before we buy them.So buying a 'weak or bad' batch is possible....

My pandas are the most active and out in the open and generally think they are 9 kamikazi pilots bombing around or think they should school with the harlequins :rolleyes: and now the wee youngsters are joining in :lol:

I think I'll just enjoy pandas vicariously through you until I get my 40g long tank!

Thanks all :)

Sorry to hear you've both lost corys :sad: - its heartbreaking when they don't make it...i've been very lucky to have my corys thriving,i've only lost 4 adults in the whole time i've kept them,3 tri's initially when i first discovered corys and an albino passed the day after i got it...so i know how you feel...

Its a shame about your pandas & peppers,its strange how some thrive and others don't...when buying corys i try to get the ones that seem active,long barbels and no red marks or damaged fins,unfortunately we dont know how long or short a time they've been in a lfs or how they have been treated before we buy them.So buying a 'weak or bad' batch is possible....

My pandas are the most active and out in the open and generally think they are 9 kamikazi pilots bombing around or think they should school with the harlequins :rolleyes: and now the wee youngsters are joining in :lol:

I've lost only one about 4 days after I bought 4 pandas. That was actually the first fish I had lost since getting back into the hobby. That one always seemed a bit odd.

I've since lost 4 other fish - a sick danio I rescued, and the oldest 3 rasboras I also rescued all died while I was away for 3 weeks. The rest are all thriving, or so it would seem. The tank is handling everything well, which is why I got an extra 6 pandas! :D

I'm still rather jealous of your skill with the panda fry. (The nice thing about my new additions is that I can always see at least one of them out and about doing stuff.) :D

Good news on upping your pandas and to them doing well :good:

You never know,they've spawned once,i'm sure they will again :nod:

Even i'm surprised how well the panda fry are coming along :D

Good news on upping your pandas and to them doing well :good:

You never know,they've spawned once,i'm sure they will again :nod:

Even i'm surprised how well the panda fry are coming along :D

I spoke too soon about not losing fish... I just lost a glofish during a water change... I found him, but it was too late. :crazy: I got a little complacent and took my eye off the tube for just a few seconds. :sad:

Oh no :crazy: sorry to here that... :rip:

I'm always wary about my corys getting to close to the tube,they love rooting around where i've been cleaning especially the pygmys,who would easily get sucked up... :crazy:

Yeah, I should have known after I typed how I hadn't lost any new additions, except for one weak cory that something was bound to happen. :(

Pics again :rolleyes: :lol: they're growing so fast!!

3 panda juvi's with bandits

The older 2 in the main tank.

A short 'not very good vid' of some of the panda fry :)

Just an update :)

All panda babes doing well,the 5 older ones are so active,just like their parents :lol:

And the younger ones around 6-7 wks old,are still doing good :good:

Will have to update pics...again :rolleyes: :lol:

getting 3-4 panda corys this week, Anything i should know about them?

getting 3-4 panda corys this week, Anything i should know about them?

I suggest keeping pandas in groups of 8 or more purely because of their size, they are a little more shy than the bigger corys so bigger numbers helps. In other ways they are no different to other corys. But like i said, if you got the space, get more.

+1 :good:

I lost a few of my pandas fry today,well gutted :sad: Yesterday afternoon i had taken off the sponge over the hob filter intake to rinse off,and forgot the to put sponge back on, came home last night to find 5 of the wee pandas stuck in there tail first :crazy:

I shut off the filter,they swam off,but this evening i found they had died :rip:

Purely my own fault,i knew the hob was powerful & should have remember to put the sponge back on :sad:

I've moved 3 of the larger babes in with the other three juvi's,only spotted 2 out & about,so hoping the other one is in hiding... :unsure:

So not a good day.....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back