Panda Cories acting funny

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Reaction score
The last two days my panda cories have taken on a new behaviour.

I only have two and was planning on getting a few more when I can find them locally.

they have started hanging out in the corner of the tank, itā€™s very open area there, not much in the way of hardscape.

anyways, they get close to each other, and then start going nuts with each other, swimming up and down, left and right, all over each other, never leaving each otherā€™s side really. Itā€™s not too erratic that they looked stressed, as they will settle down after a half minute at a time, rest beside each other, maul each other a bit then start all over.

I took a good look at them, I cant see any signs of injuries or infection and all water parameters check out normal.

they maintain this behaviour which appears to be social in nature. When they swim up the side wall, they arenā€™t going to the top, or gasping for air. I canā€™t see any redness in the gills.

when itā€™s feeding time, they quit their shenanigans and rummage around like normal, eating well.

I have looked at other websites profile pages and I think this could possibly be breeding behaviour, but I cant be sure.

either way Iā€™m keeping a close eye on it, and Iā€™m off work the weekend, so if they keep it up Iā€™ll try to get some video.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sounds like a mating ritual; as long as there are no signs of illness I wouldn't worry too much. Are the two cories you referring to male and a female?

No idea.

I have a general idea of how sex cories, but I havenā€™t taken the time to check, I got them real small and theyā€™ve grown quickly.

the bigger one is probably in between 1 1/2ā€ and the smaller one is a touch smaller.

I did peak my head in the room and watched them from about 10ā€™ away... it definitely looks like one is chasing the other around.

lights are out now for the night, Iā€™ll try and get a video tomorrow if theyā€™re still going tomorrow.

video of the fish?

if they are eating well and not showing any physical signs on their bodies, it is probably them being social in a boyfriend girlfriend kind of way.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back