Pancakes!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Anyone tried these? My stepmum calls them pancakes, but I've also heard them known as drop scones
100g self raising flour
pinch baking powder
75g grated cheddar
1 egg
150ml milk

blend it all together, heat a little oil in pan, then drop dessertspoons of the mix into the pan, keep them well apart. cook for 2 mins on each side, than serve with butter.
if you substitute the cheese for something else, er...soft cheese or quark, I think, (will edit later), they're nice with soured cream and jam.
Mmmmm!!

It depends on the pancake. Plain pancakes get butter and syrup. Chocolate chip or sweet potato pancakes get powdered sugar and potato pancakes get jelly.

i know it isnt pancake day but now i want one :(

my faves are:

vanilla ice cream, banana slices, and chocolate sauce :drool:

also i really like a melted Twix rolled up in a pancake. but it has to be really melted!!

Pancakes do not always have to be sweet.

I prefer savoury pancake.

Use a traditional pancake mix but add some fresh tarragon, cook as normal but brush with plumb sauce. Then strip a cooked duck, add some finely chopped spring onions and tomatoes. Mix all togethere and stuff the pancakes :)

Tate and lyle syrup.... yum!

(runs off to see is she has any stuff in to make pancakes now)

No!! No!! Noooo!!... No-one has tried them with Pilchards & raw onions..... The Best!!!!

But, I feel like Fatcakes tonight..... Dunno if this is traditional S.A. or do you guys also make "fatcake"??

No!! No!! Noooo!!... No-one has tried them with Pilchards & raw onions..... The Best!!!!

But, I feel like Fatcakes tonight..... Dunno if this is traditional S.A. or do you guys also make "fatcake"??

Go on, explain, i have never heard of them.

Go on, explain, i have never heard of them.

Something like eclair or doughnut, not sweet though but sometimes filled with mince (Spicey)

Aw the last post was 3 years ago.

I'm having pancakes tomorrow morning and decided to post! I like mine with fruits, maple syrup or jam. Never tried anything other than those.

What's lemon sugar? :eek:

After reading this, I think I might cook some pancakes in a minute :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back