P82 killifish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Brodie33

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The colors on these p82 are absolutely stunning! Got 22 babies out this guy and his partner in 3 days!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-203012_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-203012_Gallery.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,825
How do you properly care for killifish fries?

I bought 50 Blue fin notho eggs, 25 of em hatches and died during water changes and only 1 survives.

I bought 50 Blue fin notho eggs, 25 of em hatches and died during water changes and only 1 survives.
Sounds like you might of had a bad batch. Temperature of the water should be around 68° and 75° F. 6.6 to 7.2 is the ph you wanna keep around. Feed baby brine shrimp for the first 2-3 weeks, like hatch the brine shrimp yourself so there newly hatch brine! Also microworms will work good as well! 3 main factors for fry is, good water conditions, keep them alone and proper diet!

Also considering you say they died from water change could be because you don't wanna do large water changes with fry the change of so much water effect fry alot more then smaller ones... could of changed the chemistry of your water to fast for them to adapt

Sounds like you might of had a bad batch. Temperature of the water should be around 68° and 75° F. 6.6 to 7.2 is the ph you wanna keep around. Feed baby brine shrimp for the first 2-3 weeks, like hatch the brine shrimp yourself so there newly hatch brine! Also microworms will work good as well! 3 main factors for fry is, good water conditions, keep them alone and proper diet!
How big should the tank be for fries and how do you syphon without sucking them up?

How big should the tank be for fries and how do you syphon without sucking them up?
I keep my fry in a 5 gallon until they ready to move to the 10 gallon! Its tricky but use your smallest syphon so it don't pull as hard and just be careful!

I got 8 guppy in a .7 gallon to grow out right now so really just depends but I also peat moss my eggs until I have a batch of about 50 or so

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back