Overstocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mickfender

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi sorry to ask about this again, but i dont want to overstock my tank, on the site that advises fish stocking im only 94% stocked if i add the extra fish i want, but the inches per gallon seems to be way over. My tank is 125 ltr fluval with a tetratec ex700 filter. Its 31 inch long and 14 inch wide, im quite heavily planted but still plenty of floor space. Ive got 6 sterbai cory, 9 endlers and 8 serpea tetra, i would like to add 6 albino cory to tank. do you think this would be to many fish, or as the other site says i would be ok, also would this be to many btm dwellers. Any advice welcome, thanks Mick.

I think that would be fine. Its doesn't matter if you go slightly over the 1" per G rule its more of a guide. If it where me though i would go for 6 sterbai instead of the albinos. Or if you wanted something a little different a banjo catfish or 3-4 upside down cafish would work.

yeah i think you have room for the cory's too :good:

You have masses of room left! That website is absolute balls made by someone who has a lot of experience in data basing but when it started a few months back he had literally just bought a tank... its not a good resource.

Especially considering you have endlers, endlers are tiny fish. With the cories I would get sterbai as well - you can actually find albino sterbai sometimes which would be great :)

Also I would have a think about getting some feature fish like some kind of dwarf cichlid or gourami maybe?

Wills

I don't want to thread hijack or anything :hey: but I have the same kind of query that same 'site' says Im approx 95% stocked up What else could I have room for and any suggestions ? :good:

Fluval 240 Litre with Fluval U4 Internal and Fluval 305 External providing appprox 9.5X Filtration

Tank quite well planted

9 Corydoras (5 Pepper 4 Triline)
6 Khuli Loaches.
12 Diamond Tetra's
12 Silvetip Tetra's
2 German Blue Rams
6 Golden Wonder Killifish

Thanks for all the replies, just like to check it out with more experienced people before i make big changes. I think i might up the sterbai to 10 and add a couple of feature fish, maybe bolivian rams, cheers Mick.

Fair enough.
I would go for something like
9 endlers
8 serpea tetra
10 sterbai cory
3 steel blue killies (1male 2females)
Pair red breasted acara or dwarf flag cichlids

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back