Overstocking? Tank size vs. filtration capacity

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Stone? then thats ok, I used to work in the plastics industry mixing and compounding the raw materials before they became plastic.

Yeah, the only plastic inside the tank are parts specifically made to go inside tanks such as the filters, heater pieces, etc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought now is to return it rehome the swordtail, abs set up my currently empty 20 gallon for the molly and two friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought now is to return it rehome the swordtail, abs set up my currently empty 20 gallon for the molly and two friends.

Mollies are not small fish. Males will (or should) attain 3 inches with females close to five inches (some report six inches). Your 29g is minimal for two or three mollies, and they would be much better in a larger tank that is at least 3 feet in length (90 cm). They also require harder water than even the other livebearers, and are even more susceptible to any ammonia, nitrite or nitrate.

On the GH and pH, a pH test kit is pretty much mandatory as this test can often alert you to issues. For GH (and KH while at it), maybe your local water authority posts this on their website? May be more reliable data than a store.

Last edited:
While its not an absolute, Mollies do best with a bit of salt and water so hard you could walk on it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back