Overstocked ¿?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I do have the master kit and I don’t know if that’s what you are asking but the test with the GH & KH is 120/120

so should I use chemicals to soften the water?
I tried and research about the hardness of water and I couldn’t really found a good advice on the hardness of water
Mc, instead of red tails, you should get 3 female honey gouramis. They are way more peaceful.

good news about the rock! Something that I do when researching fish is I look them up on liveaquaria.com they have a handy table for each fish that says how "easy" they are to keep, and they also give the water parameters. I am sure some folks on this website might say that it's not the best place to do fish research (and I agree, I've found some conflicting information for some of the fish on there), but I like how easy it is to search for different fish, get a rough idea if a fish is "cheap" or "expensive", and quickly determine if it will match my water parameters or not. I've never ordered from there because I prefer to give my LFS (local fish store) my business when it comes to live things.

Hello everyone
I’m new w this amazing hobby, I wanted to know for your guy’s experience of my aquarium is overstock or of I can add more fishes.btw I have a 30 gal tank

2shark red tails
2 plecos
4 tetras
8 mollies
3 unknown
I agree with a lot that's been said. No need for common pleco in that size tank let alone 2. Also red tail sharks are semi aggressive fish that are strong swimmers and territorial. As mentioned only one is generally recommended per tank. Having said that tetras are not good tank mates with red tail sharks. Smaller tetras like black neons that you have are timid shoaling fish and a red tail sharks will stress them out.
As far as water parameters go, as has been mentioned some of your fish are incompatible. The most important water parameters is GH. Most fish can adapt to higher and lower PH as long as it stays steady, GH though is measurements calcium and magnesium in your water the more of these minerals the higher the GH. Your GH has been established at 6.7? Which is soft water. This is suitable for your tetras and sharks and plecos but not your mollies, as mollies require hard water with GH around 10 or above.
So figure out which fish you are going to keep that are compatible with each other then make sure they are all compatible with the water.
Good luck.

I agree with a lot that's been said. No need for common pleco in that size tank let alone 2. Also red tail sharks are semi aggressive fish that are strong swimmers and territorial. As mentioned only one is generally recommended per tank. Having said that tetras are not good tank mates with red tail sharks. Smaller tetras like black neons that you have are timid shoaling fish and a red tail sharks will stress them out.
As far as water parameters go, as has been mentioned some of your fish are incompatible. The most important water parameters is GH. Most fish can adapt to higher and lower PH as long as it stays steady, GH though is measurements calcium and magnesium in your water the more of these minerals the higher the GH. Your GH has been established at 6.7? Which is soft water. This is suitable for your tetras and sharks and plecos but not your mollies, as mollies require hard water with GH around 10 or above.
So figure out which fish you are going to keep that are compatible with each other then make sure they are all compatible with the water.
Good luck.
Ok hank you for your help , I’ll keep studying on this thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back