Overstocked But Nobody Wants Myfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fullmoonnight

Reaction score
Just as the title says, I'm overstocked on common type goldfish but nobody wants them :crazy: . Over the summer I gave my fantails to my uncle to care for while I was on vacation but there was a crazy hailstorm and I guess that killed some of my beloved fantails so he replaced them with these tiny commons (2 or 3 for every fantail I lost). So now I have like 10 rapidly growing fish, they've doubled in size within a month and I just won't have room for this soon. I'm trying to re-home them but nobody wants them :/ particularly after I mention their requirements :angry: . I don't want to just give them to random people or the pet store though because chances are they'll end up being a meal :S ARRRGGHHHH what a dilema :shout:

Common goldfish (Comets, Shubunkins, etc.) belong in ponds so I can only suggest looking for people with ponds that would take them rather than people with big enough aquariums as you might stand a better chance.

Common goldfish (Comets, Shubunkins, etc.) belong in ponds so I can only suggest looking for people with ponds that would take them rather than people with big enough aquariums as you might stand a better chance.
Thanks but most people have taken their fish in for the winter as it drops to minus almost 50 degrees celcius here( at the worst) I have a small pond as well but I don't think its deep enough or that the weather is good enough to put them out. Especially with hurricane sandy on its way.

Try contacting the people at this website, they may help. http://www.fishrescue.net/

Where are you located? Temperatures dropping to -50 degrees is pretty extreme.

Let them be a meal, it's better than putting them in too small a space and letting them die from stunting. They were probably going to be a meal before that anyways. Beyond that what do you think became of the fish that became the fish meal in the food you feed them?

Don't let your squeamishness prevent you from doing what is best for them.

In the mean time set up some plastic storage bins and hang filters onto those. A very cheap way of setting up larger, temporary tanks!

Try posting a Craigslist ad.  That's what I did for my unwanted fish and she sold within two days.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back