Overhaul nearing completion

R3GG

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The tank in its old position looking a bit dirty...
oldtank.jpg

Tranfered the fish to a temp tank (dont worry the water looks a lot worse than it actually is) while i gave the 39gal some attention...
temptank.jpg

Next i moved the tank into my room after removing the gravel, bog wood and rocks and preparing some sand...
newtank1.jpg

In goes the sand and a couple of rocks, i kept 50% of the old water and took the opportunity to add 50% clean water...
newtank2.jpg

A new filter was added after being cleaned along with an air pump, heater and lighting, after a couple of hours most sediment has vanished...
newtank3.jpg

that's it for now, im still waiting for the tank temperature to climb and then the fish will go back in and the plants will hopefully arrive on thursday, i'll update the post with new pix then.
Cheers
B)

Probably just me being stupid, but if you changed the substrate and put a new filter surley you would have to cycle the tank again??

Nope, ideally i should have saved some gravel and put it in my filter which has been used on this tank before but not for a while, i'll be doing frequent water changes and adding 'bacterlife' - this contains the bacteria needed to oxidise ammonia and nitrite - this will keep cycling under control, should be fine after a few weeks methinks.

wlbacterlife.gif

Ok, the fish are in, Corys are loving it and the Cardinals look visibly happier :D
Gourami number 1 (exscuse quality)...
fish4.jpg

In the dark...
fish2.jpg

with flash (not as effective)
fish3.jpg

Awaiting plants ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back