Outlining Setup Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wow ski wow................................

ski = nerd :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:..................j/k but you deserve that for the star wars quote.

Can you think of a better reference to use it though? My roommate and I laughed pretty hard over that during some mornin coffee :)

Yeah, there's a reason somebody named me professor beaker :D

Slowly making progress...

My tank sprayed...
tankdn8.th.jpg

My stand in progress...
stand1lb4.th.jpg

A stand corner...
cornerai6.th.jpg

levelness...
levelbubbleey4.th.jpg

:hyper:

Lookin good. If Imageshack limits you to photos that small, consider using photobucket ;)

Lookin good. If Imageshack limits you to photos that small, consider using photobucket ;)

it's thumbnail link to save on dial up ppl. take the .th out of the link and you're good to go.

edit:

and what are you still doin up :D

Hi guys. I was hoping to drilll my tank today and need some input. Be gentle on the design and drawing lol.

plumbingan0.jpg

I plan on an overflow box that runs most the length of the tank to feed a sump and closed loop system. The center hole would feed the closed loop lines. Upper right hole feeds sump. Upper left is sump supply. Kinda simple I guess but not sure if i'm overlooking something or if it's an effective layout. Thoughts?

Also, at the moment, i'm thinking of skipping the oceans motion for now.

On a sidenote: is there a more effecient/quieter pump option than a Dart with equal performance? Just curious...

If you're gonna just use one return, at least split it up with some loc-line or some similar. And using an internal overflow for a closed loop is NOT a good idea. You'll want to drill lower down, impliment a pool-style inlet strainer like I linked originally and draw directly off the tank. You can hide the strainer behind some rocks if you like.

i was trying to avoid that gargantuan filter by plumbing through the overflow and wouldn't have to worry as much about critters getting in it, or so I thought but... advice noted/taken :sad:

Yeah, its kind of lame but remember, you're gonna be flowing multiple thousands of gph through it. Most overflows, even tank-length ones can't handle that much flow

so is that design ok if i just move the closed loop intake to just under the overflow?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back