Our tank has begun....All natural no chemicals.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Phoenix not an insult at all, this free tank was given by a friend who had given up and wanted it gone, well his wife did. So either I took it or all of the fish were destined for the flush. So now they are housed in a much larger cleaner tank than they had and we just have to make do with what we have till it pegs it or we get the other tank set up and move it to that.....LOL

You've referred to the fish being "flushed down the loo" twice now, as if that's an acceptable thing to do with unwanted fish, which it definitely isn't.

Sounds like your friend has it coming to him and needs a good slap and reporting to the RSPCA.

You've referred to the fish being "flushed down the loo" twice now, as if that's an acceptable thing to do with unwanted fish, which it definitely isn't.

Sounds like your friend has it coming to him and needs a good slap and reporting to the RSPCA.
I think you get me wrong, I never suggested or hinted it was ok. I told the story of how we were getting back into starting a tank and completely natural no chemicals at all. It was a friend who stated they were going to get shot and we took them on instantly to save their fate. I neither feel the need to defend our actions or answer to suggestions of violence to someone haha.
We currently have two dogs two cats an aged budgie (12 years old) all were rescue pets btw.
Thatā€™s two wallies posted on my thread that either cannot read or have keyboard warrior issues. Post advice to help or donā€™t post please ?

Build it and they shall come!!!! Quote from film field of dreams....
So Mrs dug out a clay pot and I scrubbed it clean and thoroughly washed off, and he/she loves it. Now owned and keeps returning to it despite loaches encroaching when a chance arises. So mischievous these yoyos, Iā€™m loving just sitting and watching them now. We fed them last night and a little this morning after wills said about them being a tad thin and out of condition....so hoping a warm clean tank and some decent food will fix any probs.
CAE5E31B-02D6-436F-84CD-D4193A249AD7.jpeg

Build it and they shall come!!!! Quote from film field of dreams....
So Mrs dug out a clay pot and I scrubbed it clean and thoroughly washed off, and he/she loves it. Now owned and keeps returning to it despite loaches encroaching when a chance arises. So mischievous these yoyos, Iā€™m loving just sitting and watching them now. We fed them last night and a little this morning after wills said about them being a tad thin and out of condition....so hoping a warm clean tank and some decent food will fix any probs.View attachment 128020
Looks like he likes his new "house" I have also rescued 2 cats, 3 dogs and 2 love birds over the years beside a large number of fish. The cats my daughters also brought home while in college. One lived until she was around 18 year old the other is about 13 years old.

Looks like he likes his new "house" I have also rescued 2 cats, 3 dogs and 2 love birds over the years beside a large number of fish. The cats my daughters also brought home while in college. One lived until she was around 18 year old the other is about 13 years old.
Viking so it isnā€™t just my kids wanted pets and then not able to take when moved out......bank of mum & dad will look after them lol

Thanks Colin, ok now would it be ok to get a female to join it?
Give it a month before adding any new fish. If you have a spare tank, you can get a female now and quarantine her for 2-4 weeks and when she is free of disease, put her in with him.

Give it a month before adding any new fish. If you have a spare tank, you can get a female now and quarantine her for 2-4 weeks and when she is free of disease, put her in with him.
Yep thanks the plan was to leave for 6 weeks now anyway and plan on the planting side before adding any new fish.

Plant now ;)
Aha.....easy to say when not in lockdown and trying to run a business, we will grab some plants later this week they only open certain times. Plus I need to order a female kribensis now my man is lonely and missin some lady attention wooop lol

Ok my large chunk of bogwood has been soaking for over a week and itā€™s had a right good scrub down and I have put the two in to add depth and height.....little jiggers have plenty of areas to hide and play kiss chase in now. Going to acres aquatics on sat to get a couple of amazon swords and some small spreading grass for front. That will be it for now need to let it all settle again and will order a female kribensis for Sid as heā€™s lonely awwwww
09AA52E8-3A7F-41C9-8E90-FA65562E13EB.jpeg

D549FD23-EAE4-42B1-9159-E1CA13F0003F.jpeg

Thanks MC I am for my sins an ex sales manager sooooo Iā€™m naturally verbal I guess. We didnā€™t know what kind of a tank we wanted when we got it.......weird eh lol. So it has now appeared to be going down the route of an underwater Amazonian river (fish from Pakistan) they donā€™t mind as its multi cultural tank hehe.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back