Our parrot loves beer...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, just like humans, also parrots do have a certain preference when it comes to food and drinks...
Ours loves to have some licks of the beer bottle... I've tried wine as well... but, no... she stays away from that...
1654619482384.png

22254800_522703351414095_4947465135791492690_o.jpg

I wonder why he likes it?... Does he get a drunk feeling with it?

Is it even "healthy" for them?

I wonder why he likes it?... Does he get a drunk feeling with it?
I don't know... Never noticed that she got drunk.
I could say "yes", for it's biological. But of course, it's not what you should try every day... That wouldn't be healthy to every living creature...
She also likes patato chips and prawn crackers.
I do have to say that our first dog also liked beer...

Most animals will drink if given the chance. You'll observe the same effects as in humans. Loss of balance, irrational behavior, etc. Experiments have been done and plenty of people post videos where by accident (or by cruelty) their pets have had some alcohol and look just as dumb as we do when we get drunk 🤷🏻‍♂️ given the size difference and the fact that some are just not equipped to handle alcohol like we do, it can be more detrimental for them than it is for us, short or long term.

That being said, I had a dog that LOVED wine. We'd dip a fingertip and she'd lick it in a second and beg for more.
Once we did a couple of extra dips, that dog was stumbling for a few minutes then laid down and in another 10 minutes was OK.

Fun to watch, we never did it again of course. But goes to show you, that yes indeed, some animals will develop a taste for it, if not for the effects, definitely for the smell/flavor.

What sort of parrot is it @emeraldking?

My aunt's dog (cocker spaniel) used to get drunk. She had tiled floors and the guys would leave half empty beer bottles around after a late night and the dog would knock them over and lick it up. Then skate around on the tiled floor before collapsing in a heap somewhere.

I had a young pink and grey galah (cockatoo) and family was over visiting from America. My brother in law put his glass of fruit juice on the floor next to him while he was on the couch watching television. A few minute later he went to have a drink and freaked because there was something fluffy on his glass. He looked down and the pink & grey galah was drinking his fruit juice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back