Our Journey To The Salty Side - Part One

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Nice idea, will give that a go john.

the polyps started to come out as soon as it came out of the bag, didn't take long at all - less than an hour :good: Must admit it looks better in my tank, polyps are better extended than in the shop. Trod tested their water and it was 1.030 gawd

Seffie

:fish:

Nice idea, will give that a go john.

the polyps started to come out as soon as it came out of the bag, didn't take long at all - less than an hour :good: Must admit it looks better in my tank, polyps are better extended than in the shop. Trod tested their water and it was 1.030 gawd

Seffie

That’s really good it took my Fiji leather almost a week to full acclimatize. So that sounds very promising you must have very good water parameters. Excellent well done :good:

Have moved the Xenia to the top, it looks much better there and is a nicer colour with the brighter lights :good:

Seffie x

Thats a steal for something as good looking as that. How long did it take for the polyps to reappear once you got it acclimatised.

I said, I'm going to get the toadstool, she says, I was going to get it ------big sister says you have it then, little sister says no you have it, get the picture, so, I got it

Little sister quietly furious

Certainly was a steal, right from under my nose :grr:

I have moved my yellow polyp, the Bush coral shrunk :crazy: a few hours after moving them closer so put it back were it was.

Now my Xenia has gone missing, I attached it to a piece of rock yesterday with some putty and it looked fine, got in from work and it is nowhere to been seen :dunno: Although I have my suspicions as Seffie works just round the corner and she was eyeing it up, all trust is lost, this could be war :<

Dont you just love this mud slinging. LOL
Bush corals, Xenia and Leathers all tend to sulk sometimes. My bush coral used to droop over all the time no matter what I did to the water parms. Just couldn't keep it upright. Maybe once in a while it would stand proud but not very often. Leathers look fine one day then they sulk, retract their polyps and just remain like that for days, but 9 times outta 10 they return to they former glory and look amazing. Xenia is one of those corals that some aquarists can keep and it grows like a weed and others find it hard (perhaps an Iodine problem) to get it to grow. I'm afraid I fall into the latter, sometimes it will appear really nice then it will wilt for some reason. (all main parms remaining within guidelines). I never loose it but again it never gets out of control.
I think yours has just dislodged, just have a little scoot around the rockwork.
Regards
BigC

Little up Date, Xenia has turned up, but won't stay put where ever I put it, the blooming thing moves, shall I just leave it and let it find its own place :sly:

Have finally managed to get protein skimmer working, took it apart, gave it a good talking to, put it back in tank, now bubbling away nicely. (noisy though!)

I have also bought a purple firefish today, no photos yet, sorry he is hiding, will take one as soon as he is happy to pose, I think he is gorgeous.

Now I would like some help please, The other half is desperate for a blue fish :drool: But we haven't been able to find anything suitable as yet, my book has photos of a Neon goby, haven't seen any in LFS but read they don't have a long life span, does anyone have any experience of them or recommend any suitable blue fish :good:

Pseudochromis Springeri? Pseudochromis aldabraensis? Those guys more have blue as a highlighting color though... There's also a "yellow headed jawfish" which has a yellow head and a pastel blue body. I wouldn't suggest a Damselfish, only cause they're unholy little terrors.

Pseudochromis Springeri? Pseudochromis aldabraensis? Those guys more have blue as a highlighting color though... There's also a "yellow headed jawfish" which has a yellow head and a pastel blue body. I wouldn't suggest a Damselfish, only cause they're unholy little terrors.

LOL yes have decided to give Damselfish a wide berth. Thanks for other ideas will check them out :good:

Here he is :good: came out after couple hours, then I spent the rest of the evening sitting next to tank watching him :drool:

005.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

Yep lovely fish :good: I first seen them on goggle images and wanted one :drool: , but there like rocking horse s*** up here were I live all the LFS keep the red one like I now have but none of them get the purple ones
{So jealous :lol: }

:drool: he is lovely sis, going to the shop today for salt (well, that is what I am telling myself!), hope they still have the Fire fish in, am very tempted :wub:

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back