Our Crazy "pup"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flute

Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
We've had Codie for nearly a year now and I realised that I haven't put any photos of the daft little thing up.
He's a rescue German Shepherd, somewhere between 13-15 months old we think. He's rather manic, but we love him :wub:

When we first got him back in January, looking like a complete goof

IMG_0341.jpg

Hanging with the cat (who is the best toy in the world >.<). She was raised by our last German Shepherd, and so she's convinced that all dogs are her friends. I don't think they agree really :p

IMG_4970.jpg

And what a handsome lad he's become (he finally grew into those huge ears).

60214_10150279547130187_539995186_15106261_2541671_n.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

Although still silly as ever :D

IMG_4765.jpg

Thanks for looking :blush:

aww he would be the perfect friend for ruby

wow lovely looking dog i love
GSD looks .looks like on one of
them photos he is still growing
in to his lugs .i lost my GSD
just four month a go i will hopefully
be getting an other one in march
i miss my dog really badly

What a stunner, gorgous

Eek, sorry everyone, I forgot all about this topic :crazy:

Thanks for all your lovely comments ^^ He's still not fully grown yet so hopefully I'll have some more photos to update in the next few months :D

I still can't believe that he was dumped in the pound last year and was due to be put down on Christmas Eve! The fantastic rescue where we got him from saved him just in the nick of time.

Codie's been the most challenging dog we've ever had in terms of destruction issues. A rough list of what he's destroyed in the last year: an internet router, a phone, several pairs of slippers, a pair of trainers, several pairs of underwear and socks, the underlay of a new carpet, all of his toys, ripped new wall paper, chewed my parents door, chewed the banister, couple of bed side tables, the cable of a speaker (thank god it was unplugged), and a leather chair. Oh yeah, and he seems to have tried to dig his way to China through the spare bedroom mattress >.<
And he would do this at all times, not just when left on his own. Thankfully he seems to be finally growing out of it (touch wood) :D

We really think that was the reason he was dumped- he's also spooked easily at the most ridiculous things, so it wouldn't surprise me if they
locked him away somewhere and didn't expose him to experiences and objects when he was very young :(

And thanks for the nominations :good: I'll go and post the second pic in the POTM Nominations now ^^

Bless him, and bless you for looking after him with all his issues.

One of mine is a fairly recent rescue and has issues with separation anxiety. She has also wrecked many things including a brand new sofa, a solid wood coffee table, an antique blanket box, several bed sheets, duvets and pillows and tried to dig for Australia through my mattress :rolleyes::hyper:

She was abused in a previous home and also has other issues but is well worth the effort, and over a few months is showing improvement.

I wouldn't be without her now despite her issues, and I commend you for your work with your boy!:good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back